iOS 4.3 ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Tankred

Re: iOS 4.3 ?

Post by Tankred »

I do experience the same problem, too. Unfortunately, the only way to solve this is to restore factory settings in you iPhone and start using iTunes as the one and only program for everything. Not an option for me, though. So I live with this error message as the sync in iTunes works.
Tankred
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Tankred wrote:I do experience the same problem, too. Unfortunately, the only way to solve this is to restore factory settings in you iPhone and start using iTunes as the one and only program for everything. Not an option for me, though. So I live with this error message as the sync in iTunes works.

Do you mean the format error? Can't you create a backup in iTunes before restoring? Restoring won't hurt so much then. Your settings are preserved.

Forgot to say, then try syncing with MM again and maybe the error will disappear then.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

I can create backups but iTunes always reports this "format error" after I've synched my iPhone with MM. I sure can restore my iPhone but it's quite uncomfortable to do this after each and every synch with MM. Don't you think?
Tankred
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Tankred wrote:I can create backups but iTunes always reports this "format error" after I've synched my iPhone with MM. I sure can restore my iPhone but it's quite uncomfortable to do this after each and every synch with MM. Don't you think?
I haven't gotten this report. Is this the iPhone 4?

Also maybe one of your files is corrupted? Is it jailbroken and include non-iTunes apps? Or have you ever tried, as painful as it is, to set up as a whole new device? There's something there that iTunes doesn't like. Try "telling" iTunes it's a whole different phone.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Just as suspected, 4.3.2 is out. Anyone try it yet?
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Music Diva wrote:I haven't gotten this report. Is this the iPhone 4?
No, it's a 3GS.
Music Diva wrote:Also maybe one of your files is corrupted? Is it jailbroken and include non-iTunes apps?
It's not jailbroken, therefore it contains only apps from the iTunes app store.
Music Diva wrote:Or have you ever tried, as painful as it is, to set up as a whole new device?
Yes, it has been restored to factory settings several times even in DFU mode.
Music Diva wrote:There's something there that iTunes doesn't like.
Yes, and I guess it's MediaMonkey. When I stay in Apple's world after restoring the phone (i.e. iTunes) everything works fine. As soon as I sync with MediaMonkey, iTunes reports the error.
Tankred
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Tankred wrote:
Music Diva wrote:I haven't gotten this report. Is this the iPhone 4?
No, it's a 3GS.
Music Diva wrote:Also maybe one of your files is corrupted? Is it jailbroken and include non-iTunes apps?
It's not jailbroken, therefore it contains only apps from the iTunes app store.
Music Diva wrote:Or have you ever tried, as painful as it is, to set up as a whole new device?
Yes, it has been restored to factory settings several times even in DFU mode.
Music Diva wrote:There's something there that iTunes doesn't like.
Yes, and I guess it's MediaMonkey. When I stay in Apple's world after restoring the phone (i.e. iTunes) everything works fine. As soon as I sync with MediaMonkey, iTunes reports the error.

Are your settings in MM are as they state they should be? Apple devices always require *special* treatment. You need to make sure to check "force iTunes style folders" or something like that, and also be careful of what you allow on auto-sync.
afmagana

Post by afmagana »

You know? I upgraded and Jb my wife's iPod to 4.3.1 and problem solved. Whatever it is, it seems that the new version has something with iOS4.1 going on. Well, so far everything's good again.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
God exists. Otherwise, how else can you explain i'm married?
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Is iOS 4.3.2 working with the latest version? I won't upgrade until I know for sure. Thanks!
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Music Diva wrote:Are your settings in MM are as they state they should be? Apple devices always require *special* treatment. You need to make sure to check "force iTunes style folders" or something like that,
This applies to iPod-Devices, only. The iPhone-Sync hasn't got this configuration option.
Music Diva wrote:and also be careful of what you allow on auto-sync.
I sync music, nothing else. And all music files have the same encoding, i.e. "standard fast" which is VBR.
Tankred
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Music Diva wrote:Is iOS 4.3.2 working with the latest version? I won't upgrade until I know for sure. Thanks!
I just upgraded to 4.3.2 and can confirm that MM 3.2.5 can sync with it - no problems.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

nohitter151 wrote:
Music Diva wrote:Is iOS 4.3.2 working with the latest version? I won't upgrade until I know for sure. Thanks!
I just upgraded to 4.3.2 and can confirm that MM 3.2.5 can sync with it - no problems.
Thanks!
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

Tankred wrote:
Music Diva wrote:Are your settings in MM are as they state they should be? Apple devices always require *special* treatment. You need to make sure to check "force iTunes style folders" or something like that,
This applies to iPod-Devices, only. The iPhone-Sync hasn't got this configuration option.
Music Diva wrote:and also be careful of what you allow on auto-sync.
I sync music, nothing else. And all music files have the same encoding, i.e. "standard fast" which is VBR.

Has anything changed for you with the new firmware?
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

tried to download IOS 4.3.2 last night, it failed in the middle of the installation and bricked my Itouch 3G

had to uninstall I-tunes from my PC and download I-tunes 10.2.2 and then do a complete restore of my Itouch...

12 hours later and Media Monkey 3.5.XXXX re-installed 4,000 tunes perfectly AND my floating artwork problem is gone.

tonight's challenge will be to get my Itouch settings back to where I wanted them

Dave
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Music Diva wrote:Has anything changed for you with the new firmware?
Installed it just now but unfortunately nothing has changed regarding the iTunes error.
Tankred