iTunes 10.5

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Emufan

Re: iTunes 10.5

Post by Emufan »

nohitter151 wrote:Lose the users to who, exactly? No one can sync to iOS 5 right now except iTunes.
Yes, iTunes, for example. Or other software, which is able to sync in the future, where MM isn't able to adjust this for such a long time. For me MM loses a lot of credit or software/developer/investment trust.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I personally thing it's amazing that MM can create iDevice compatibility when there is no documentation to go on, Apple purposefully obfuscates things to make it harder, and purposefully breaks compatibility with third party software with each update. Apple doesn't want third party software to communicate with their devices and purposefully makes it hard to do so.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Emufan wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Lose the users to who, exactly? No one can sync to iOS 5 right now except iTunes.
Yes, iTunes, for example. Or other software, which is able to sync in the future, where MM isn't able to adjust this for such a long time. For me MM loses a lot of credit or software/developer/investment trust.
I'm sorry but to complain that MM can't do this when no one else can is petty. They are working on it, but obviously it's not a simple fix.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

Lowlander wrote:I personally thing it's amazing that MM can create iDevice compatibility when there is no documentation to go on, Apple purposefully obfuscates things to make it harder, and purposefully breaks compatibility with third party software with each update. Apple doesn't want third party software to communicate with their devices and purposefully makes it hard to do so.
This is part of the reason why I am switching to an Android device for my next phone/music player.
oeyoeve

Post by oeyoeve »

Hi,

Does anyone know (for sure) wether or not to leave the "Manually manage music and videos" selected or not, in iTunes for the new d_itunes4.dll to work properly?
(and please don't answer unless you know for sure)

Rgds
Viking
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

oeyoeve wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know (for sure) wether or not to leave the "Manually manage music and videos" selected or not, in iTunes for the new d_itunes4.dll to work properly?
(and please don't answer unless you know for sure)

Rgds
Viking
It should be selected to work with the iTunes plugin.

swag

Post by swag »

Yeah, it sucks. But thank you, Apple. MediaMonkey does all the things that iTunes either should do or shouldn't do so horribly inefficiently. So rather than have hopes there will ever be a decent iTunes release that isn't clunky, hobbled bloatware, Apple has to rely on obfuscating the interfaces so that people who can write much better software than them have to play catch-up.

This is the pain with every major iTunes release. But it pays to be patient, and the MM guys do a great job finding a way to circumvent their stupidity eventually every time.

So thanks, guys!
moson

Post by moson »

Hey,
I really hope someone can help me because it's really bugging me that I can't listen to music on my iPhone anymore.
I understand it's difficult to create a native fix for MM to synchronise with iOS 5, so I'm glad someone came up with the iTunes MediaMonkey Plugin 4. But I still can't get it to work properly. If I synchronize with iTunes, MM is copying all of my music which is located on D:\My Music to my C-Drive where there is not enough space for it. I tried to change the location of my iTunes library to a different drive but it doesnt change anything.
Is it possible to maintain my current file-structure or at least - if iTunes has to copy all of the music for an own library structure - to change the location of it?

I hope I could describe my problem for you to understand it right and that someone might have a solution!

moson
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

One has to assume that it will be delayed even more by Apple's release yesterday of I-tunes version 10.5.2

Right now, I can't add music to my Ipod using MM4 at all, the program hangs while scanning it.

I'm not enough of a programmer / computer knowledgable to be able to generate a debug report..
ellienacamile

Post by ellienacamile »

So I downloaded the plugin to help with this as recommended, and put it in my plugin folder, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What else do I need to do to install the plugin?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ellienacamile wrote:So I downloaded the plugin to help with this as recommended, and put it in my plugin folder, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What else do I need to do to install the plugin?
You should read the pdf document that serves as a manual for the addon, or visit the addon support thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713

CK

Post by CK »

Hey guys been trying to get MM to recognize my Iphone 4 for an hour or more now. The first time I used MM it synced fine with my Iphone 4. It has been on IoS 4.3.3 the whole time since I rely on a GeveyUltra unlock and is Jailbroken. When my old computer needed to be reformatted I reinstalled MM and the new Itunes and all of a sudden the Iphone would now show up. After a really long time of trying to figure out what exact set up I had pre-reformat without any luck I just tried the beta 4 and Itunes 10.5.1.42. And it finally worked and continues to work.

Now here is where the problem comes in. I got a new computer for xmas and I saved the itunes.exe and mediamonkey.exe thinking that that configuration had worked previously so it should work again. I installed the same two applications on the new computer and again the Iphone will not show up. The only difference that I can see is that my old computer was Windows XP and the new one is Windows 7. Is there something different that I need to do to get it to work with Windows 7?
CK

Post by CK »

CK wrote:Hey guys been trying to get MM to recognize my Iphone 4 for an hour or more now. The first time I used MM it synced fine with my Iphone 4. It has been on IoS 4.3.3 the whole time since I rely on a GeveyUltra unlock and is Jailbroken. When my old computer needed to be reformatted I reinstalled MM and the new Itunes and all of a sudden the Iphone would now show up. After a really long time of trying to figure out what exact set up I had pre-reformat without any luck I just tried the beta 4 and Itunes 10.5.1.42. And it finally worked and continues to work.

Now here is where the problem comes in. I got a new computer for xmas and I saved the itunes.exe and mediamonkey.exe thinking that that configuration had worked previously so it should work again. I installed the same two applications on the new computer and again the Iphone will not show up. The only difference that I can see is that my old computer was Windows XP and the new one is Windows 7. Is there something different that I need to do to get it to work with Windows 7?
Got it! Itunes 10.1 worked!!
ajkessel

Post by ajkessel »

Using iTunes 10.5.2.11 / iOS 5.0.1 / Windows 7 64-bit / MediaMonkey 4.0.1.1461 (gold). Never jailbroken.

I was able to access the iPhone (read-only) until recently. I had to reinstall iTunes because the iPhone wasn't showing up. Since reinstalling iTunes, I can't see the iPhone in Mediamonkey. I tried reinstalling MM as well as the d_iphone4.dll plugin, but have been unable to get the device to show up in MM.

Any ideas? From what I gather on this forum, I should at least be able to access the device read-only.
ajkessel

Post by ajkessel »

By the way, also tested with an older iPhone 3 still running iOS 4; still doesn't show up in MM.