iTunes 10.5

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

vb1953

Re: iTunes 10.5

Post by vb1953 »

Kind of a strange one. I have two iOS devices. A 3rd Gen ipod Touch and an IPad 1.

Have NOT updated to the new iTunes nor the iOS 5 on either.

I can still connect and sync with MM 3.2.5.1306 on both devices and see the music there.

If I sync with Itunes for podcasts, apps, etc. The iPod is fine, but the iPad loses all the music. It happens almost instantaneously when I start the sync.

This just started happening when Itunes gave me the option of upgrading, which I have not done on either device.

Weird.
vb1953

Post by vb1953 »

Trying to sync the ipad right now, there are about 4000 mp3 files I bring over and it takes quite a while to sync from scratch from MM.

Itunes deletes then in an instant..
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

vb1953 wrote:Trying to sync the ipad right now, there are about 4000 mp3 files I bring over and it takes quite a while to sync from scratch from MM.

Itunes deletes then in an instant..
Yup. You have to make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is checked in iTunes, or it deletes all the music (because it will then match the music content in your iTunes library).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dmj06

Post by dmj06 »

I have just purchased latest MonkeyTunes vrs.1.6 and installed with the license. I have updated to the latest MediaMonkey vers. 4.0.0.1448
I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS5.0 (9A334) and Apple Remote app vers 2.2
When I start Mediamonkey and connect my iPhone, I see iPhone (scanning...) in the treeview and get the message:

The iPhone/iPod firmware is not compatible with this version of MediaMonkey etc. .
I can't get the library added and pairing the device.

MonkeyTunes supplier tells me it's MediaMonkey who causes the problem !
vb1953

Post by vb1953 »

Yup. You have to make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is checked in iTunes, or it deletes all the music (because it will then match the music content in your iTunes library).
Right. First thing I looked at. I have it checked. It's been working fine for the year I've owned the iPad but out of the blue this started happening.

iPod is fine with the same settings..
vb1953

Post by vb1953 »

Man.

I DID have the manually manage music checkbox unchecked.. Actually forgot where it was.

Thanks!
vb1953

Post by vb1953 »

Since we can't post to the thread about the work that MM is doing to sync with Apple devices with iOS5, do I read the suggestions correctly that if you can, you should just remain with the last Itunes and the last iOS?

John
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

vb1953 wrote:Since we can't post to the thread about the work that MM is doing to sync with Apple devices with iOS5, do I read the suggestions correctly that if you can, you should just remain with the last Itunes and the last iOS?

John
Yes, they suggest to stay with whatever iTunes version was before 10.5 and with iOS 4.

SftP

Post by SftP »

iPhone 3GS (no jailbreak)/iOS5/iTunes 10.5 won't synch with MM4

When does MM stop being dependent on iTunes?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

SftP wrote:When does MM stop being dependent on iTunes?
Probably when Apple opens up iDevices to third party developers.
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

SftP wrote:iPhone 3GS (no jailbreak)/iOS5/iTunes 10.5 won't synch with MM4

You're kidding, iOS5 STILL not working????
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Music Diva wrote:
SftP wrote:iPhone 3GS (no jailbreak)/iOS5/iTunes 10.5 won't synch with MM4

You're kidding, iOS5 STILL not working????
From here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... s5#p317184
jiri wrote:Supporting iOS5 is a tough job, Apple makes it as hard as possible. Thus we aren't sure when this will be ready and so it isn't possible to wait. An update will definitely be released as soon as the support is completed though.

Jiri

pmh

Post by pmh »

doodles wrote:I have been synching IP4 using MM but since IOS and itunes update all songs not in itunes are no longer playable on iphone.
I see that synching is not yet possible with MM4 beta, but is there any way to get the songs already on iphone to play again?
Presumably they will have to be moved to itunes somehow. Or can the new beta version get the old music recognised again?
You'll have to copy them off & back on again
Connect the iPhone to your PC.
Run MM4 and select all the songs on the iPhone4
Hit ¨R and copy all the songs to a new directory on your PC

Now you can either just add all the copied songs to iTunes & sync them to the iPhone (delete the copies on the iPhone first to avoid duplicates), or you can add the MM4 itunes Plugin described here http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... or-itunes/ so that MM can sync to the device using iTunes
Emufan

Post by Emufan »

MediaMonkey will of course loose a lot of users, because of this problem. Weeks after the release of 5.0/10.5 and months after the developer releases of this and it is still not possible to sync my iPhone with the payed MM-Gold. It is really useless for me now.

And the work-arround PlugIn is not a solution for me.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Emufan wrote:MediaMonkey will of course loose a lot of users, because of this problem. Weeks after the release of 5.0/10.5 and months after the developer releases of this and it is still not possible to sync my iPhone with the payed MM-Gold. It is really useless for me now.
Lose the users to who, exactly? No one can sync to iOS 5 right now except iTunes.