New iPhone 4s and sync with older iPod??

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

markeh

New iPhone 4s and sync with older iPod??

Post by markeh »

I see a posting in this forum that MM isn't compatible with the latest iTunes and IOS 5 on my new Iphone 4s. Of course, to get the iPhone 4s running, I had to upgrade iTunes.

I use MM to sync with my iPod 160 Classic, which is running version 2.0.4 PC.

I don't put any music, on my iPhone. So I only sync MM to the iPod.

So... will MM still sync with my iPod?? If not, is there a way to use an older iTunes just for MM???

thnx,

markeh

Re: New iPhone 4s and sync with older iPod??

Post by markeh »

Just tried - no work. Isn't the iPod so its iTunes.

Any way to get MM to use the older iTunes modules it needs??

Thanks,

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I was under the impression that for non-iOS devices, the iTunes version doesn't matter. Are you saying that your iPod is not visible in MM at all?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
markeh

Post by markeh »

nohitter151 wrote:I was under the impression that for non-iOS devices, the iTunes version doesn't matter. Are you saying that your iPod is not visible in MM at all?
Empty iPod is visible. None of the music (11,500 tracks) is visible. A sync just stalls - the iPod recognizes its plugged in, but I don't think any information flows in either direction.

I finally unplugged the iPod. No damage, but I can't add/remove anything.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Or there is a way to get MM to use the old parts of iTunes it needs.

markeh

update-Re: New iPhone 4s and sync with older iPod??

Post by markeh »

Better now. I had installed iTunes and rebooted (as iTunes requires). Then brought up MM, and plugged my iPod in. The system (WinXP) classed the iPod as a "new device". Recognized by MM, but showed as empty.

After rebooting the system (again), things seem back to (their poorly working) normal. The iPod still doesn't completely sync, but it's as it was before the iTunes upgrade.