syncing flac on external HD fills primary HD [#10472]

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

hagar0

syncing flac on external HD fills primary HD [#10472]

Post by hagar0 »

Hello,

I tried to sync my FLAC collection (+/-7000 songs) which are located on an external HD to an Ipod Classic 160Gb.
So I need conversion. Syncing starts but after a while, I got low on disc space on my primary hard disk (after about 1500 songs).
So I made some space free (+/-1 Gb), restarted my computer and tried again to sync. I noticed then that during syncing MM apparently made files on my primary HD and in no time, I got again a low disk space error as my primary HD again was totally full.

So I searched ( via Explorer) for new files, but I did not find such a huge amount of newly created files...

Any suggestions what I should do to solve this problem? I can imagine that MM need some space to temporary create files during conversion, but I think it would delete them after the conversion or am I wrong?
I also checked windows temp dir but did not find anything.

thanks for some help...
Heinz
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Bug Report forum
Lowlander

Re: syncing flac collection on external HD fills primary HD

Post by Lowlander »

Temp folder for MediaMonkey is set under Tools > Options > General. You may want to move it to a drive with more free space.

Mantis: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10472
hagar0

Re: syncing flac on external HD fills primary HD [#10472]

Post by hagar0 »

Thanks,
I changed the temp folder to my external hard disk and also changed the sync process from "selected-Sync to "Auto-Sync".
Now, every file was deleted after the auto-conversion process of that specific file.
mcow

Post by mcow »

hagar0 wrote:Thanks,
I changed the temp folder to my external hard disk and also changed the sync process from "selected-Sync to "Auto-Sync".
Now, every file was deleted after the auto-conversion process of that specific file.
You mean, every temp file was deleted?
hagar0

Post by hagar0 »

Yes, I mean, every temp file was deleted after the autoconversion of that specific file.