Multiple Computer Sync - Server Route

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ryanafleming

Multiple Computer Sync - Server Route

Post by ryanafleming »

Hey Guys,

I am looking for an update idea on how to sync MM across two computers (Work external HDD and Home Computer). As I don't believe it would be a good idea to store music on the work computer I have plugged in an external HDD to store it all on. The best way I an come up with at this stage would be, as per this guide:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=68

to utilize a server sync setup with a file monitor. At every shut down on one o the computers it uploads the changes and new music files and when the boot up they download the changes. Since i don't want to be taking any devices with me to and fro, would this be the best method?

Cheers,
Ryan.
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.
lilyafrome

Re: Multiple Computer Sync - Server Route

Post by lilyafrome »

Hi Ryan, I think it's the only option now. I've been doing the same thing and I know how much of a hassle it is.
"Your altitude is determined by your attitude." steven barbarich
natakk

Post by natakk »

it's a mess. :(

MM can sync so many devices and have so mutch functionality.
but it's still not possible to sync the librarys over to computers in a easy way.

why its not possible to add a other computer as a sync device? (with playcounts, playlists sync and so on) :( :(
ryanafleming

Post by ryanafleming »

In the latest beta version of MM it has the ability to do a wifi sync to a mobile device. On the mobile (android) version of MM it also has the ability to do a UPnP sync to a host server.

As it turns out people have already started creating scripts for UPnP server syncs with other applications to MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31913

However I am yet to look into it fully for the capabilities of it and how it could create a solution for us.
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.