Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

chrisjj

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by chrisjj »

nohitter151 wrote:
buckw wrote:I see that the Cowon S9 synchs correctly. Any word on the newer Cowon J3?
If it syncs with WMP then it should work fine with MM.
Note though that whereas WMP works automatically, you may have to manually configure MM since it has no WMP device profiles.
Chris
Topanga1

Post by Topanga1 »

What about iPad?? Can I sync that with MediaMonkey's music files??
Thanks!
Asa
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iPad's are supported, for iPad 2 support you'll need to try 3.2.6 or version 4 both of which are in the Beta forum and report back there if you have problems.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

TerryW wrote:I just got a new ipad 2 and was wondering when the 3.2.6 or 4 versions of Media Monkey will be out of beta? Also where are the beta downloads for Media Monkey, they weren't on the downloads page? I love Media Monkey and the ability to sync it on my ipod and iphone for listening to my music.
Beta downloads are in the forum, under the "Beta testing forum" section.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

The Cowon X7 does not sync with MM version 3.2.5.1306. MM stalls at the "(Preparing list of tracks)" stage. I left MM running all night and it was still in this stage the next morning. I removed the X7 and readded it as a generic USB device (Generic USB Mass Storage Device), in this case as Drive E: and had MM use the USBmass1 protocol in Tools>>Options>>Portable/Audio Devices>>Available Devices/Plug-ins:>>Plug-in File, but even that hasn't worked so far- still stuck at the preparing list of tracks stage.
internationalbefky

Post by internationalbefky »

Does anyone know if the Motorola Motoactv works with Mediamonkey? I'm thinking of treating myself to one of these to help with the New Year Resolutions, but there's no point in getting it if it won't work!

Thanks for your help :)
mjmauldin

Post by mjmauldin »

How about the Colorfly C3? Will MM sync with it?
Cameronl

Post by Cameronl »

internationalbefky wrote:Does anyone know if the Motorola Motoactv works with Mediamonkey? I'm thinking of treating myself to one of these to help with the New Year Resolutions, but there's no point in getting it if it won't work!

Thanks for your help :)
A year late, but I just got the Motoactv. So for the record: Yes. MM does sync fine and dandy with it.

And may I add... I LOVE the Motoactv! Great device.
krozza31

Post by krozza31 »

Tried MM with new NOKIA LUMIA 920. The device didn't install properly with PC but I was still able to upload music to it. However upon testing the removal of music MM would not sync this option. The only way I could remove music files was to gk into phone folders on PC and delete from there. Maybe the 'incorrect' install was the problem. My PC is a,tad old.
newharper

Post by newharper »

Anybody know about the Huawei Ascend?
thanks.
DocWyeth

Post by DocWyeth »

Note 3 by Samsung on VZW does not sync correctly. Running MM licensed 4.1.0.1692 (portable) and the latest beta for Android. I did manage once in Jan 2014 to have wireless sync work but it has been broken during the updates to MM portable and MM Droid and possible VZW update. I can push songs to the Note 3 via the d_WMDM.dll but song ratings dont move and some artists get corrupted. I have never had the "luxery" of having the ability MM sync back but once during the period when wireless worked.
:cry:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MTP sync is notoriously problematic for Samsung devices affecting MediaMonkey and other software as well. Wifi sync should work fine as it bypasses the MTP drivers.

If you're having trouble with wifi sync (make sure you're using the latest MMW and MMA) you should send the log from MMA (in Options) after a failed sync so the team can look at it.
LishaZe21

Post by LishaZe21 »

Will it work with my iPhone 6s? please advice.
Lisha
Here's the dream website [link] which contains a dream dictionary with thousands of dream meanings at dreamdictionarynow.com for a detailed dream analysis.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4.1.5 has iOS8 support so it should work. As iOS8.1 is a new release it may not work yet.
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

Curious if anyone has tried the Samsung Galaxy 6 Active with the current versions (MMW 4.1.11.1783, MMA 1.1.3.0554) - I used to use MM but ran into major sync issues with my old phone (LG G3)... Thanks!