Rename SD Cards

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Rename SD Cards

Post by rrfpacker »

I have a few SD cards I want to sync differently. I changed the name of a couple to start the process, but MM sees the name change without seeing a different card. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm using a card holder, could that be the issue?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Lowlander

Re: Rename SD Cards

Post by Lowlander »

Does Windows see them under their different names (wasn't aware that you could rename them individually)?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander wrote:Does Windows see them under their different names (wasn't aware that you could rename them individually)?
Yes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe I've read once that the card reader is the device ID for MediaMonkey which would explain what you're seeing. However that was long ago, so I'm not certain on this.
rrfpacker

MM "sees" all SD Cards and holders as one

Post by rrfpacker »

I have numerous Sansa Clip+ that I bought because of the Micro SD card slot and for the express purpose of having multiple cards with different content to "plug and play". It looks like MM sees any SD card and its holder the same, even if I change the card name. I have used four different cards and two different card holders and MM sees them as whatever I last named the card.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? It certainly defeats the purpose of having 15 different cards and being able to auto-sync quickly.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
aag

Post by aag »

Would really like to know the answer to this question as well.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Best bet is to put in a support ticket to be sure it gets addressed
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, I see the same, tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12205
RexanaCCb

Post by RexanaCCb »

Hi there, I have experienced the same problem with my SD cards. I tried to use them but MM seem to view various SD cards with the last time I named the card only. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Rexana Cullen
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

RexanaCCb wrote:Hi there, I have experienced the same problem with my SD cards. I tried to use them but MM seem to view various SD cards with the last time I named the card only. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
The issue is tracked as of only 4 days ago and hasn't been fixed yet.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Ludek wrote:Thanks, I see the same, tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12205
This will be very awesome if it can be done. Thank you.
adrianmol

Post by adrianmol »

Hi,
I have been using Media Monkey Gold since 2008. I have always had the problem referred to in this thread. Whatever SD card I insert MM displays it with the name of the last SD card to be sync'd and more importantly it defaults to the autosync settings for the previous card used. This is very annoying as I own a mixture of 32Gb and 64Gb cards. All my SD cards have different names and when inserted Windows Explorer immediately identifies the card correctly.
If I go into MM \ Tools \ Options \ Portable/Audio Devices all my cards are listed correctly but this seems to be ignored when auto syncing.
Come on Media Monkey this should be fixed by now.

Adrianmol :(
Media Monkey Gold user since 2007. Creative Zen User, Android User and closet Vinyl Ripper
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks,
this longstanding issue is fixed in build 4.1.6.1720 :
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12205
adrianmol

Post by adrianmol »

Thanks for the reply Ludek. My Media monkey Gold is version 4.1.5.1719 and it confirms it is the current version so lets hope I am offered the newer version sooner rather than later.
Adrianmol
Media Monkey Gold user since 2007. Creative Zen User, Android User and closet Vinyl Ripper