Another "dumb" synch question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Zzaj

Another "dumb" synch question

Post by Zzaj »

It's been so long since I used the synch utility that I can not remember "which" drive I am synching "from" and which one "to"...

I have a drive G:, which has all my music files on it, and have setup the USBMASS driver for it (and removed all the other devices, except for the H: drive, also using USBMASS). I have the following path setup for all music (from the library)... H:\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> My question is this: WHICH drive should I choose AUTO-SYNCH from? G: or H: ? Need your HELP ASAP, please!
Lowlander

Re: Another "dumb" synch question

Post by Lowlander »

Depends on where you want the files to go to. Sync is setup for drive the files need to be synced to.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Hi, Lowlander,

I want them to go TO H:\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> and FROM g:\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> When I right click on the g: drive and choose AUTO-SYNCH, even though the path is set (on the G: drive) to H:\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> - it creates subfolders in the G: drive, titled 1, 2, 3, etc., and does NOT transfer them to the H:\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> path... any ideas?
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

ALSO - what is the name of the .dll file for the Generic Portable/Audio Device plugin that's created in the PLUGIN directory?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you setup the Device Profile for the H drive.

d_WMDM.dll is currently used for all devices except for Apple devices. d_USBMass is no longer included and instead is a separate download.