Fiio M7

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Larabee

Fiio M7

Post by Larabee »

Hello,

Is there an easy solution to sync songs and playlists from MM to the Fiio M7? I am stumped. Thanks.
Peke

Re: Fiio M7

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I guess that M7 is similar to M9 and it looks like Fiio devices have specific issues and settings still needs to be polished and get the right ones to make fully working profile. Till you get it right I'm guessing it is trial and miss cases. While testing best would be to use small set of files and smaller playlists.

You can start other users experiences here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/searc ... words=fiio

We will be glad to help/explain if some option is unclear, but remember that we do not own all user devices and thus we can't test teh profile.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Larabee

Post by Larabee »

Thank you Peke. This is disappointing as the unit was a gift. I'll try and slog through. Will the units listed on the Wiki Page as MM friendly work without much effort?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That page is outdated many many more units are tested and made work (Fiio devices included) also we simply do not buy all the devices, but as I said main problem is that manufacturers do not want to tell what format of Playlist Device support as according to that it will be easy to create/modify profiles to work with MMW. Check Device configuration -> Options -> Playlists and you will see that we tried to cover most cases and options that can be used by devices.

Playlist formats, Paths formats, file/folder structure, ... it just takes a bit patience and some effort to make it work. I simply haven't found any device that came to my possession that can't be set to work one way or another.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Larabee

Post by Larabee »

Hello -

It seems a little daunting how you lay things out, but I do appreciate the support through the process. I guess since I still have the ability to return the M7 is it worth the effort to figure out how MMW and the M7? With that said I'll give it a go, for today at least. I am more committed MM, having used the platform for almost a decade than I am to the M7. Wish me luck!