Okay, sorry, I figured out what my problem was.
In the media tree I have "Music" and "Classical Music"
Classical Music only shows classical music
Music was showing all of the music and I just discovered that when I went to Edit Collection and under the "Criteria" tab I had Type = Music and Classical... when I removed the "classical" criteria it now works correctly and only shows non classical for any of the search criteria folders, like album, artist, composer, etc.
Think I'm all set, this makes it much easier to find things.
Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.