New Problem with Sansa Clips

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

New Problem with Sansa Clips

Post by rrfpacker »

In the last week or so, all of a sudden none of my four clips will "read" the playlist sent to the device. I've been using Clips for years with zero problems so this is weird.

The playlists are on the clip, I can see them in Windows Explorer, but they don't show up on the device under Playlists.

Any thoughts? I haven't changed anything with MM in months so I'm sure why this would occur.
Lowlander

Re: New Problem with Sansa Clips

Post by Lowlander »

Since it last worked, did you sync to all 4 devices and/or did they have a firmware update?
rrfpacker

Re: New Problem with Sansa Clips

Post by rrfpacker »

I sync one the most; it is quite old and I've synced it a couple hundred times. It was the first to not work.

The others I've synced at least once in the past couple of months. They are at least three years old. A fourth is newer, I don't know how much newer but it has the micro slot for power/syncing.

So, when the first one wouldn't read the playlists I tried the others in case the oldest was dying, and they all act the same. Music files transfer and the playlists are on the device, I can see them in Windows Explorer, but they aren't available to choose from in the Playlist menu.

I have never updated the firmware, that has to be done manually, right?