how to sync between mma and mmw in the cloud

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lccseh

how to sync between mma and mmw in the cloud

Post by lccseh »

hi - i am considering setting up a cloud server for mmw and my library, so i don't need to maintain a physical server, especially since i travel. not sure yet if it would be aws, google or other.

however, i can't seem to find details on how to sync between mma and mmw in the cloud. is this possible? are there config instructions written up?
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mmw 5.0.4.2690 (gold lifetime)
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
Lowlander

Re: how to sync between mma and mmw in the cloud

Post by Lowlander »

Nobody has done this as far as I know.

MMA can connect to any DLNA (UPnP) Server anywhere, by using Add. However DLNA itself is designed to work on the local network. This means that in order for MMA to see MMW you'd need to have port forwarding (in a standard home install).

MediaMonkey 5 can work with file stored in cloud services, but MMA has no access to cloud stored files.

So in theory, as long as you can run MMW somewhere and can port forward to the Media Server port it's using you can have MMA connect to it which should allow both streaming and syncing.
lccseh

Re: how to sync between mma and mmw in the cloud

Post by lccseh »

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I will ask my IT team about the port forwarding and report back for anyone else that may want to try this.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mmw 5.0.4.2690 (gold lifetime)
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)