Sync Playlist from PC to Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

bensonspooky

Sync Playlist from PC to Android

Post by bensonspooky »

I have sync all songs from my PC to Android but the Playlists were not synced even though I have checked it. Could someone please let me know what should I do?

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Sync Playlist from PC to Android

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and how did you Sync. Are you sure that Playlists were selected on the Sync List to Device tab of the Device Profile?
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

I am using Version 4.1.30.1914. I synced my songs via my SD card. When I tried to sync from the OPTION in my Android phone, in the SELECT SYNC SERVER, it kept searching but nothing comes up. I don't know how to add the MediaMonkey server on the list. And yes, Playlist was selected. I suspected that my sync was via the SD card and not the MediaMonkey serve in my PC.

And if I sync it with MediaMonkey now, will I have duplicates everywhere?

Thank you.
Last edited by bensonspooky on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't exactly follow. Are you saying you synced directly to the SD card in your PC and then put the SD card in your device?

General Android Sync Help: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Sync_M ... oid_device
Wifi Sync Problems FAQ: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

I put all my songs in the SD card and then put it in my phone, MediaMonkey then sync all of my songs from my SD card. I didn't use MediaMonkey to sync it to my SD card, I manually transfer all my songs on the SD card from my PC.

Also I have read the links about sync and still couldn't get it right. My MediaMonkey phone app couldn't find MediaMonkey server when I connected to my PC. And I am using the USB sync option, not Wi-fi.

Thank you.
Last edited by bensonspooky on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you manually transferred the files, did you also transfer the Playlist files that way? If so, they may not be valid on your device as the Paths on the Playlists might be wrong.

Correct MMA can't sync via USB, only MMW can. So when using USB use MMW to Sync instead of MMA: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Sync_M ... oid_device
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

How do I transfer the Playlist to my SD card? My MediaMonkey Android kept trying to search for a "sync server" but couldn't. How to make it to be able to locate the server, my phone is connected to my PC via USB already.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Again, need to use MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW) when using USB, not MediaMonkey for Android (MMA).

Maybe the MediaMonkey 5 instructions help better (mostly similar to MMW 4):
Sync setup: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0
Android specific details: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... device/5.0

Again, run Sync from MediaMonkey for Windows.
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

I think MediaMonkey is syncing to my phone app now as I saw duplicates. Once it's finished, how do I stop MediaMonkey Android app to connect to my SD card so I won't have any duplicates?

And I am syncing with my MediaMonkey 4 with my MediaMonkey Android.

Thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you syncing to the internal memory instead? You can sync to the SD card in the device with MMW.

Choose Library Folders in the MMA Options allows you to set which locations on your device MMA includes in it's Library.
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

It's being synced to my SD card, but my card already has all of my songs in it, and I think that's why I have duplicates in my Android app.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I would start fresh and wipe all the media files off the card. Then Sync using MediaMonkey.
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

I think I'll just leave the duplicates there as it'll be too time consuming to wipe the card and start all over again.

I just hope that my playlists will be synced now. Do you have any idea why my Android app couldn't locate the MediaMonkey server of my PC?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

sdwilcox

Post by sdwilcox »

After various ways of clicking, selecting, unselecting. I did get the list of playlists to display where I can pick them. I'll grab the latest version as well. But it seems this has fixed my issue. thanks again!