Media Server sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

cecilbeanie

Media Server sync

Post by cecilbeanie »

I am having trouble syncing playlists consisting of files that are on my NAS/media server. I receive a File http://10.#.#.#:50002/m/NDLNA/####.mp3 cannot be opened: The file is unavailable or you may not have permission to access it. I checked firewall and everything seems to be fine. I can play the media without a problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Lowlander

Re: Media Server sync

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW. Is this happening for some files or all files?

Does UPnP playback from MMA work?
cecilbeanie

Post by cecilbeanie »

MMW is 4.1.30.1914 and I am trying to sync with an iphone. It is happening with all files on the NAS media server. Playback using MMW works fine. I hope I'm following the MMW and MMA abbreviations correctly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW (MediaMonkey for Windows) and MMA (MediaMonkey for Android).

Can MMA play the files through UPnP. What is the full Path of such a file in MMW? You may have scanned the files from the DLNA Server on the NAS instead of the File Server. This causes problems as DLNA is for streaming only.
cecilbeanie

Post by cecilbeanie »

Thanks LL. I am not using android so I'm not sure if I can test the MMA.

In looking at the Options>Library Media Sharing (UPnP... the IP for the MediaMonkey Library is 10.0.4.46:22230 but the error I am getting is specifying 10.0.4.2:50002. These were all default settings, is there a guide for setting this up correctly if this is the problem?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It looks like you scanned files from the DLNA Media Server on the NAS instead of the File Server on the NAS. This presents problems for Sync as DLNA is rather limited.

So you'll need to remove the files from the MediaMonkey Library and then rescan from the File Server this time (Path would be like \\NASName\folder instead of http://10.0.4.2:50002/