Creating tags with .jpg format artwork

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Gazzygazzy

Creating tags with .jpg format artwork

Post by Gazzygazzy »

I have an old MP3 player which requires a .jpg format file to be stored in the folder to display artwork but whatever setting I use MM seems to create an .alb file in the folder instead.

I am using the 'ID3v1 and v2 tags' and 'Save image to tag (if possible) and to the file folder' options with the settings 'First image per album/series set as 'folder.jpg' and 'Format for multiple images set as '.jpg'. (I have tried various combinations of the settings but get the same result).

All the files I am trying to tag are single files with unique album names/artwork.

Would appreciate it if anybody could suggest where I am going wrong :-?

Thanks,

Gary
Lowlander

Re: Creating tags with .jpg format artwork

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure sure that media files with their Artwork files are in their unique folder.

Then remember that MediaMonkey considers media files belonging to the same Album when Album and Album Artist have the same values.

You may want to save the Artwork files to the folders outside of MediaMonkey and then associate them.
Gazzygazzy

Re: Creating tags with .jpg format artwork

Post by Gazzygazzy »

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your suggestion fixes the issue, but requires that I manually remove the ALB file created by MM and replace it in the folder on the MP3 player with the unique artwork.jpg and then rename it to 'folder.jpg' for each individual media file. I'm still not sure why MM creates an ALB file in the first place as all the files have only one media file in the folder and have unique Album & Album Artists values.

I am pretty sure these are the same settings I used on a previous PC/MediaMonkey set up (which has now died) and it created folder.jpg files automatically when transferred to the MP3 player, so I was wondering if I was missing something.

Anyway, thanks for you help. :D