Edit volume tag has no effect for IPhone/iOS 14

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Biggus_Dickus

Edit volume tag has no effect for IPhone/iOS 14

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Hi,
I‘ve volume analyzed all my songs, but some songs sounds too low on my IPhone, so I need manually adjust. But when I change the level value within MM and resync it has no effect on my phone. When I do the same in iTunes it takes effect within iTunes and on my phone. Is there any way, doing this within MM?
Last edited by Biggus_Dickus on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Adjust IPhone volume

Post by Lowlander »

Where/what level volume setting are you changing?
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am Where/what level volume setting are you changing?
I edited the track volume field.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try to remove the file from the iPhone, change the Track Volume in MediaMonkey and resync. Does that alter the volume of the file on the iPhone?
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 pm Try to remove the file from the iPhone, change the Track Volume in MediaMonkey and resync. Does that alter the volume of the file on the iPhone?
Didn‘t affect. Screwing up, turning down volume won‘t change anything within Iphone musicplayer. Also with deleting and resyncing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you edit the file on your PC or the file on your iPhone?
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:42 am Did you edit the file on your PC or the file on your iPhone?
I edit it within MM. The regulary field, where I can edit dB value and which takes effect for playback loudness. It worked for MediaMonkey android, but not for iOS 14. When I put in -50dB it should playback very quiet and with +10dB it should be louder then the rest, but there is no difference in iOS. It seems that the soundcheck value won‘t be calculated new. Don‘t understand me wrong. Volume calculation works so far and most songs play fine on same loudness level on my phone, but it seems readjusting of dB values in MM won‘t transfer to iOS.
Last edited by Biggus_Dickus on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:42 am Did you edit the file on your PC or the file on your iPhone?
For better understanding...
Biggus_Dickus

Re: Edit volume tag has no effect for IPhone/iOS 14

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

I‘ve tested playback within MM and editing value, also seems to have no effect for loudness. :-?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, but where is the file itself located? Is the file you're editing stored on the PC or iPhone. I understand that you're using MediaMonkey to edit the value.

If you copy the file and view the copy with MediaMonkey does it show your edited value?

MediaMonkey can adjust playback either on Track Volume (which should work when editing manually) or Album value (which can't be edited). Make sure that you're using Track Volume for playback levelling.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 pm Yes, but where is the file itself located? Is the file you're editing stored on the PC or iPhone. I understand that you're using MediaMonkey to edit the value.

If you copy the file and view the copy with MediaMonkey does it show your edited value?

MediaMonkey can adjust playback either on Track Volume (which should work when editing manually) or Album value (which can't be edited). Make sure that you're using Track Volume for playback levelling.
Files are stored on PC (read/writeable). I edit and edited value is also shown in tag (when I view tags in dbPoweramp or Foobar). Funny thing, playback levelling within Monkey has affected now whatever was the fault. I'll check soon, if it has an effect on my IPhone.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Resynced my phone, but if I increase or decrease, it stays at same level. When I delete the song from phone, Monkey syncs new, but no change in volume. If I just resync without deleting, Monkey says update tag of changed song, but still same volume. Really crazy. It seems as Monkey doesn't recalculate the soundcheck value, after editing replaygain value.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

It was already reported recently and was proven as Apple's regression after iOS 14.3 update for some iPhone models, see details here:
viewtopic.php?p=477128#p477128
and here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphonehelp/com ... her_since/
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Ludek wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:37 pm It was already reported recently and was proven as Apple's regression after iOS 14.3 update for some iPhone models, see details here:
viewtopic.php?p=477128#p477128
and here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphonehelp/com ... her_since/
No good news. Hope Apple will fix it.