Saturation / Distortion when syncing with hiby DAPs

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

BrokenHill

Saturation / Distortion when syncing with hiby DAPs

Post by BrokenHill »

Hi.

Sorry, this is my first message to the community. I've been enjoying MM very much since years, and it's my main software for my huge music library.

I've been using an ipod classic without problems since the beginning. Now, I'm using two hiby DAPs: r3 pro, and r6 2020. On both of then I've been experiencing saturation and distortion on some synced flac files. The firsts bass beats on "angel" from "Massive Attack" are saturated, for example, while the original song on my computer or even the Ipod isn't. I've checked that i'm not appling normalization or transformation on syncing. No special equalization are applied on the DAPs. Hiby R6 2020 is an android DAP and i've tested multiple players, included MM app.

Any suggestion on what could be happening? any idea is welcome.

Best regards.
Lowlander

Re: Saturation / Distortion when syncing with hiby DAPs

Post by Lowlander »

Any Auto-Conversion, Volume Leveling and/or Analyze Volume being used on these distorted FLACs? Do these files have distinctive (higher) bit dept or sample rate?

If you copy an affected FLAC back to the PC are they also distorted on PC playback?
BrokenHill

Re: Saturation / Distortion when syncing with hiby DAPs

Post by BrokenHill »

Hi. Lowlander. Thanks for your answer.

Yes, these were high sample rated flac files. When I copied back the affected flac to the PC, it was OK. Checking again the properties on the DAP i found that is affected by the low-pass antialiasing filter setting. Playing with it and lowering the gain I got it. These were general settings that affect all the players. It seems that affects more to songs near 100% normalized.

Sorry to think it was a sync error.

Kind regards.