Request: Display Artist Pictures from LastFM

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

eraldcoil

Request: Display Artist Pictures from LastFM

Post by eraldcoil » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 am

Similar to songbird in idea. I've been using a modified version of the websearch script to display pictures of the now playing artist (on the upper left corner) -used "http://www.last.fm/music/%artist%/+images"

However, mediamonkey would be so much better if it display the images properly via script. Like maximizing the picture to the panel size and hopefully can change the displayed picture every 10 seconds or so. I hope this isn't an impossible request & is a doable script.. Would be nice too if it can save all those pictures in the artist folder of the MM library so it may not have to check laftFM everytime or so we can add pictures ourselves.

I just want to see the people actually singing the songs and probably help get an idea of what the artist is all about. (plus it would make MediaMonkey rock!)

wing

Re: Request: Display Artist Pictures from LastFM

Post by wing » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 am

Really a great idea. I would love such a feature too - there are several very good pictures on last.fm - a kind of slideshow during playback in mediamonkey would really rock. And it would be great to save the picture in the music-tag too, if no albumart is available.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I might add this as an external panel option in the next version of MonkeyRok.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

eraldcoil

Post by eraldcoil » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Wow... thanks trixmoto for showing interest in this. :)
I know you're really busy and all. I do wish I can help out in some way, I tried to learn how to script before but its no use.. It may as well be Greek to me.. (>.<) Again thank you!

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:58 pm

trixmoto wrote:I might add this as an external panel option in the next version of MonkeyRok.
Honestly, I'd rather it be a separate panel. My MonkeyRok is already full of information. ;)