Adding ArtistArt to AlbumArt

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Freddy

Adding ArtistArt to AlbumArt

Post by Freddy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I wrote a script in Vb 2008 to append a Picture of the Artist/Band to each track without disturbing existing AlbumArt.
I use a VBNET Form iso an MM Form and it goes like this:

Code: Select all

Public SDB As SongsDB.SDBApplication
    Public lstTrack As SongsDB.SDBSongList
    Private mbCommentForArtistOK As Boolean = False
    Private mbArtForArtistOK As Boolean = False

Private Sub btnOK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnOK.Click

Dim itmSongData As SongsDB.SDBSongData

ProgressBar.Visible = True
        ProgressBar.Maximum = lstTrack.Count
        ProgressBar.Minimum = 0
        ProgressBar.Value = 0

For n = 0 To lstTrack.Count - 1 'For all selected Tracks of the Artist
            '1. Add Artist Comment before already existing Comment
            If mbCommentForArtistOK Then
                itmSongData = lstTrack.Item(n)
                itmSongData.Comment = txtCommentForArtist.Text & ControlChars.CrLf & itmSongData.Comment
            End If

'2. Add Artist Art
            If mbArtForArtistOK Then
                Dim Track As SongsDB.SDBSongData = lstTrack.Item(n)
                Dim lstArt As SongsDB.SDBAlbumArtList = Track.AlbumArt
                Dim ArtistArt As SongsDB.SDBAlbumArtItem = lstArt.AddNew()
                ArtistArt.PicturePath = txtPathOfArt.Text '"M:\MP3\J.J. Cale\J_J__CALE.jpg"
                ArtistArt.Description = txtDescriptionOfArt.Text
                ArtistArt.ItemType = CInt(cboTypeOfArt.Text)
                ArtistArt.ItemStorage = CInt(cboStorageOfArt.Text)
                lstArt.UpdateDB()
            End If

' Write all back to DB and update tags
            lstTrack.UpdateAll()

ProgressBar.Value = n
        Next

End Sub
It works fine exept for ArtistArt.ItemType and ArtistArt.ItemStorage...

I can enter numbers from 1 to 5 with the comboboxes cboTypeOfArt and cboStorageOfArt but nothing changes.
Can someone help me with the numbers I should enter there to append the Art and set it as Art of the Artist?

TIA,
Freddy.

rovingcowboy

Re: Adding ArtistArt to AlbumArt

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:44 am

you already can add the different images in to the file just use the confirm box and change the name of it from front cover to what you want band/ artist/ group/ back cover. they are all there.

the only thing is you can't get a slideshow of the covers on one track or one album all the artwork is one image per song
:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:25 am

Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

mvdlaan

Post by mvdlaan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 am

Hi,

It seems misplaced to add an image of the artist to every file in the database, when the database has an Artist table.

Let me explain: I don't need the artist image to be available in the actual music file, but I would like to add a reference to an artist image in the database; i.e. the fanart. I'd like to be able to find the fanart without looking at every single track the artist recorded, in search of an image of a particular type.

Can I somehow extend the Artist table (in VB) to include a custom reference (e.g. Fanart field) somehow?

Thanks.
mvdlaan