Updating album artist with artist name

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

gertsolo

Updating album artist with artist name

Post by gertsolo » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 am

Hey all,

I've been looking for a while now and can't find it but I think I saw it here somewhere?

Is there a script for updating the album artist field with the artist field?

thx.

Mizery_Made

Re: Updating album artist with artist name

Post by Mizery_Made » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 am

The RegExp Find & Replace script is capable of doing this.

Set it to "Into: Album Artist" with Regular Expression 1 checked, click Full. Then set "From: Artist" and check Regular Expression 2, click it's Full button. Running that on only the files you want to copy the Artist to the Album Artist should do the trick. Might want to play around with it a bit though and try it out on a few files at a time, before trying to run it on a large amount of files... just incase something is wrong.

gertsolo

Re: Updating album artist with artist name

Post by gertsolo » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 am

Mizery_Made wrote:The RegExp Find & Replace script is capable of doing this.

Set it to "Into: Album Artist" with Regular Expression 1 checked, click Full. Then set "From: Artist" and check Regular Expression 2, click it's Full button. Running that on only the files you want to copy the Artist to the Album Artist should do the trick. Might want to play around with it a bit though and try it out on a few files at a time, before trying to run it on a large amount of files... just incase something is wrong.
Works like a charm, thanks m8!