Auto-tag from Web

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

trixmoto

Auto-tag from Web

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:31 pm

During the installation of an "Auto-tag from Web" script I am trying to update the INI file so that the new script is the source. I can't get it to behave though, I've updated the INI file and the source does not change.

Code: Select all

[AlbumBrowser]
RunningScriptName=MIPT\MusicIPTagger.vbs
Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Bex

Re: Auto-tag from Web

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Does it work after a restart? Then perhaps you only need to call SDB.RefreshScriptItems or even Script.Reload("FullPath")?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Nope, restart doesn't help either. I've tried "SDB.IniFile.Flush" but that doesn't help either.

"SDB.RefreshScriptItems" is for the Scripts.ini file, isn't it? And "Script.Reload" loads my script, which isn't really what I want, especially as it's during the installation package not whilst the script itself is running.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Bex

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, "Script.Reload" is the method that should do this. (Don't know what I was thinking.) But if that doesn't work and a restart doesn't work either then I really don't know. My guess is that MM has this value in it's internal memory and that's what is used within MM and written back to the INI file on flush or exit. I.e. it isn't possible to force MM to read this value if it is changed in the INI file directly. I guess we need a new method for this?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts