Search entire library

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

wtf2k5

Search entire library

Post by wtf2k5 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:04 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if the API contains a way to search all songs with a simple query (same results as the search bar).
I know I can fire a custom SQL query against the DB, but I got the feeling I'm missing a more elegant solution.

Bex

Re: Search entire library

Post by Bex » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 am

Imo SQL is the way to go. To construct fast searches use the songstext table:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p181310
Note that the current version of SQLite in MM is 3.5.4
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

wtf2k5

Post by wtf2k5 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 am

Bex wrote:Imo SQL is the way to go. To construct fast searches use the songstext table:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p181310
Note that the current version of SQLite in MM is 3.5.4
"You are not authorised to read this forum."

Bex

Post by Bex » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:49 am

jiri wrote:This is possible using new 3.1 full-text support. Just use SongsText table - see SQLite FTS3 documentation for details about how to perform full-text search.

Jiri
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts