Help with script to navigate?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

terrypin

Help with script to navigate?

Post by terrypin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 am

I'm no programmer and not into MM scripting but I learn reasonably well, especially by solid examples. So I wonder if one of the experts could help me by stepping me through how I can write and install an ultra-simple script that will just jump to a particular folder C:\Docs\News Rover Downloads in the tree please, from wherever I happen to be?

I've made several attempts to do this using macros written with Macro Express Pro, but hit serious obstacles. Unfortunately MediaMonkey seems unusually resistant to accepting keystrokes applied by a macro. Even with very long delays(which makes the automation a bit pointless!) results are erratic.

It's fine with mouse movements and clicks. But the macro I wrote using that approach lasted only a few days, as it's totally dependent on my tree structure remaining unchanged, which of course is impractical.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.20.1864 Gold, 7800 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro

Eyal

Re: Help with script to navigate?

Post by Eyal » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 am

You don't need to. Use FavouriteNodes script by Steegy. You can even assign keyboard shortcuts to your favorites.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

terrypin

Post by terrypin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks Eyal, but can you explain further please? How do I install it? The link on that page to the EXE
http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... des1.1.exe
doesn't work. It gives some message page in French. So I can't "Just run the exe and follow the instructions."

I tried copying the code to my text editor, saved it as FavouriteNodes.vbs and moved that to
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts
where my other scripts are located. But on re-starting MM it doesn't appear in the scripts list.

I also tried d-clicking the VBS in its folder, but saw nothing happen and MM doesn't seem any different on restart.

--------------------

Alternatively, I now recall that a long time ago I installed something called Magic Nodes. I have an option in the Edit menu to 'Create Magic Node'. That pops up a dialog asking me to 'Enter a mask for the new Magic Node'. Can I use that? If so, what mask should I enter please? If it helps, the masks for a couple of existing magic nodes are as follows:
Encodings Encodings\<format>\<vbr>\<bitrate>
Simple artist Simple artist|icon:top level\<artist|trim:1>\<artist>\<album>
etc

--

terrypin

Post by terrypin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:41 pm

OK, sorted thanks. Eventually found the correct link:
http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... des1.2.exe

But cannot assign shortcuts apart from impractical ones like 'm', 'f' etc. No combination with Ctl or Alt works.

Would still be interested to know if Magic Nodes would be an alternative method?

--