[SOLVED] Simple autosave playlist

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Kakoon
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

[SOLVED] Simple autosave playlist

Post by Kakoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 am

Is there a way to auto save playlists every x minutes? I would really like to see this feature, because my mediamonkey crashes from time to time (every couple of hours) and it's really tiresome to see all the songs you've just added to the playlist from your library disappear. Just backup the playlist to a playlist named 'autosave' or something? Should be easy to do but I have no experience at all in scripting...
Last edited by Kakoon on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 am

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Kakoon
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by Kakoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks for the reply, getting close to what I want, but that playlist exporter does not seem to be able to export the 'now playing' list? Which is what I want. And I would like to save it as an internal mediamonkey playlist instead of a m3u file.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am

Kakoon wrote:Thanks for the reply, getting close to what I want, but that playlist exporter does not seem to be able to export the 'now playing' list? Which is what I want. And I would like to save it as an internal mediamonkey playlist instead of a m3u file.
The now playing list is already written to an m3u list which is kept at
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\mediamonkey.m3u

There is no script that autosaves the now playing list to an internal playlist that I know of. Rather than asking for a new script, perhaps you should just solve the problem where Mm crashes. That certainly is not normal behavior.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Kakoon
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by Kakoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 am

nohitter151 wrote:
Kakoon wrote:Thanks for the reply, getting close to what I want, but that playlist exporter does not seem to be able to export the 'now playing' list? Which is what I want. And I would like to save it as an internal mediamonkey playlist instead of a m3u file.
The now playing list is already written to an m3u list which is kept at
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\mediamonkey.m3u
That file seems to be written after a graceful shutdown, so sadly that's no option. I just checked the last modification date, it was yesterday around midnight. I've been running mediamonkey for hours already today, and have had 1 crash.
nohitter151 wrote:There is no script that autosaves the now playing list to an internal playlist that I know of. Rather than asking for a new script, perhaps you should just solve the problem where Mm crashes. That certainly is not normal behavior.
True, I might do that, but it doesn't happen alot, just when it happens everything is gone because i run mediamonkey hours and hours in one session... the bug ain't easily reproducible as far as i can see for now. that's why i ask for this temporary solution.

Eyal
Posts: 3110
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Québec

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by Eyal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:18 pm

There's an auto-save (duplicate) Now Playing list script written by Raybeau528, you can change the time interval in the code, and optionally disable the message box.
It may be useful for you: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 60#p181660
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Kakoon
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: Simple autosave playlist

Post by Kakoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Eyal wrote:There's an auto-save (duplicate) Now Playing list script written by Raybeau528, you can change the time interval in the code, and optionally disable the message box.
It may be useful for you: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 60#p181660
Great! Just the kind of script I was looking for, thanks for digging it up :D Works perfectly!

Post Reply