MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Re: MM Android Player

Post by Guest »

It certainly seems that way with a three month gap since any official word on progress, so much for an alpha version in a month or so's time back in march. Such a shame, I've been waiting patiently for ages waiting for a proper fully functioning app. Anyone know of any alternatives that support half star ratings? I might have to go with the android app music player pro for the meantime.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Well, development process is sometimes more complicated than one would like. Yes, there's a delay, we wanted to add few more features and polish couple of things even before a pre-release. I rather won't give any estimate, but we are definitely getting very close...

Jiri
flavadave75

Post by flavadave75 »

If there isn't a MM Android app coming out any time soon. Does anyone have a substitute they suggest to use in the mean time? It seems if you add songs to a playlist(s) synced from MM4 or created on the Android device using the android music player (DROID X, Gingerbread 2.3.4). The playlist(s) do not update to any version of MM. It would be nice when a playlist created from your mobile Android phone, and the MM4 playlist(s) added/placed on the phone gets updated with new tracks, that those changes made to the playlist(s) on the Android phone would sync into MM4. Otherwise, I have to manually add songs to the playlist(s) in MM and/or remake the playlist(s) in MM, then sync those playlists back onto my phone.

Flavadave75
abatistas1709

Post by abatistas1709 »

At least, a official word. Despite the anxiety, I'll keep waiting. I plan to help by testing all releases.

Post by Guest »

I don't think anyone has much of a problem waiting, although obviously sooner rather than later is preferable, but it would be helpful to post the occaisional update on progress. Even if the final release takes longer than planned. This isn't a complaint just an observation. Thank you for the information already given.
oddityoverseer13

Post by oddityoverseer13 »

Hi,

I'd like to help develop this, if possible. Is there a git repo with the code somewhere, where I can download the code and work on features for it?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just drop me an e-mail, we can discuss a possible cooperation...

Thx,
Jiri
chrsswmr

Post by chrsswmr »

Any update on this?

Also, any idea if this app will be free to everyone? If not , will it be free/discounted to those who purchased the lifetime subscription?

Thanks
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

Dear Mediamonkey development team,

I don't want this to come across too harsh but some regular communication wouldn't go amiss here, we can't read your minds. We have been waiting for quite some time for an Android solution (early adapters even longer). I for one am finding my acceptance and patience for this waning. The sync script hasn't worked in quite some time, syncing wireless even with Samba takes AGES and I am left with the only option of turning off the phone and syncing the micro-SD alone. I have found I only am listening to my music in the car or on my phone while commuting (wife has banned me from living on MM fixing ratings permanently on the PC). If we received regular updates, the time waiting wouldn't be filled by frantically looking for a complete alternative packaged solution. Can you please provide us with at least monthly updates? I for one don't want to have to learn a new media player. Even bare bones Real Player has released an Android app that addresses ratings, as someone who has preached Mediamonkey's capabilities for years, I am becoming embarrassed.

Sincerely,

A less than satisfied gold customer...
jiri

Post by jiri »

As I have already written in another thread here, I'm also not happy with the speed of the development, I hoped that the app would have already been released at least for several weeks. That said, we don't want to release something half-baked and there are yet issues to be resolved, for example just recently discovered problems with Android 4.1. So please stay tuned, for are really getting very close...

Jiri
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you for the update! :D
--
The gpzbc
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

Jiri,

Thank you for this but can you please give us updates on a regular basis? Even bad news is better than our fear of MM stopping development

Keep up the good work,

Buddy
brandonf360

Post by brandonf360 »

Hope this App comes out! Wouldn't mind paying at all if this lets me wireless sync both ways, Please support both audio/video! I will understand if video is not at first supported but I have been looking for an app to replace the stock music and videos.
Wiz™

Post by Wiz™ »

brandonf360 wrote:Hope this App comes out! Wouldn't mind paying at all if this lets me wireless sync both ways, Please support both audio/video! I will understand if video is not at first supported but I have been looking for an app to replace the stock music and videos.
I feel the same way.
"We Don't Stop Playing Because We Get Old,
We Get Old Because We Stop Playing"
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

jiri wrote:...stay tuned, for are really getting very close...Jiri
That was the story back in August. We are now well into September - are we able to tune in now.
MediaMonkey user since 2006