MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

rovingcowboy

Re: MM Android Player

Post by rovingcowboy »

MusicBringer wrote:jiri, MM has irritating habit of interfering with my custom user setup.
Columns, devices, and file type association icons all come to mind as huge MM annoyances.
I do hope you can reassure us that our precious tags will not be touched by MM thinking it knows best when clearly It Does Not.
yeah i can see that if mm is messing up your stuff it is best not to do the auto tagging things. ?

but i'm wondering if it is infact not mm or the other players but is instead the way the code is done for auto taging that is the real reason we are getting messed up tags and columns?

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MusicBringer wrote:Columns, devices, and file type association icons all come to mind as huge MM annoyances.
Then you should file debug logs as I can't reproduce.

Post by Guest »

So whats the verdict?
jiri

Post by jiri »

I guess that I'll have to stop making any predictions - there will be few more days delay, since we found some bugs that need to be fixed before making any public release... :roll:

Jiri
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

jiri wrote:...unless anything serious shows up, we'd like to release a beta within a week. Jiri
For a number of years I tracked project planning and progress of software development.
When progressing deliverables for reporting up the line every developer gave the same answer. Just give me another week...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
nduke

Post by nduke »

Poor Jiri! I'll bet he's wishing he never jumped on this thread until that day when the beta goes live!

Believe me - I'm EXCITED about the idea of MM on my various Android devices. I just feel bad about all the extra pressure on the development crew!
pomozki

Post by pomozki »

Jiri, can you tell me if the Android app will have the same advanced search as MM desktop? that's my main reason for using MM instead of iTunes - if so, it would allow me to create playlists on my phone whenever I feel like it, thanks!
joltman

Post by joltman »

It's been over a week. I'd love to hear an update. And I'm throwing my hat in the ring for a non-public beta tester. I'm running latest MM with 2 Gold Licenses and a Galaxy Nexus running Cyanogenmod 10 Nightly. :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sandy got in the way this week, so it will probably be a little longer.
joltman

Post by joltman »

Damn you Mother Nature!!!!!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

joltman wrote:Damn you Mother Nature!!!!!

Mother Nature was here first so wait your turn and dont tell her that mother nature dont like to be fooled what do you think will happen when you swear at her? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jiri

Post by jiri »

FYI, the latest status is that we are pretty happy with most the application, but need to tune some details in the wi-fi sync (yes, there's gonna be a very nice wi-fi sync implementation :wink: ). Still, we are very close, but no release date predictions this time... :D

Jiri
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great news, thanks jiri :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pomozki

Post by pomozki »

Jiri, will it include the search function?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, there will be a Search. Not as complex as in case of our Windows app, but useful anyway. And things will get better with every new version... ;-)

Jiri