Can I programmatically run Auto-Organize

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Scottes

Can I programmatically run Auto-Organize

Post by Scottes »

I'm writing a program which will check a song's SongPath and compare it to what it should be.

The simplest idea is to identify songs that I forgot to auto-organize manually. However, this program will also be making changes, like converting case in certain words or move "feat. blah blah" from the Artist to the SongTitle. In any of these cases, running Auto-Organize will be necessary.

The question is: Can I have my program automatically call MediaMonkey's Auto-Organize routine on the songs it identifies?

If not I will do something like modify Custom3 and then filter those songs and run Auto-Organize. But it would be nice if it could be run automatically.
Lowlander

Re: Can I programmatically run Auto-Organize

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Organize will already run automatically when changes are made to the tags.
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

Lowlander wrote:Auto-Organize will already run automatically when changes are made to the tags.
This is not true on my system, since I do not have this setting enabled (Tools... Options... Library... Auto-Organize).

However, this gives me another option - can I programmatically enable/disable this option in my program?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I do have auto organize enabled but it seems to only move the files after the script has finished. Either that or the SongData object isn't updated with the new file path. Either way I can't seem to get the new file path while the script is still running.