SongPreviewer v1.1.0 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The bug has been fixed and the necessary MM version is now 2.5.3.

Thanks for the feedback!
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you pulling an all nighter over there? wow such devotion to scripting,

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Hey, just installed this script, and I'm really loving it!

Works great, thanks mate.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

I seem to have a little problem. When the song changes to the next one, you can hear about 20ms of the next song start time, and then it clicks in with the percentage point to play.

I'm using Directsound output with default settings, and shuffle is on. My song start time percentage is set to 17%.

It would also be great to have this script on the menu list, cause I dont like having the standard toolbar active (it's ugly). Wondering, is there a shortcut key to activate the main window of this script?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

you can hear about 20ms of the next song start time
yeah I know, that's some infortunate thing about the functionality. I don't know if I tried to change the script to start at volume 0 (so you won't hear the 20 ms), but I'll try it today or a little later.

Menu list: where would you like the item? In the Tools > Scripts menu, or somewhere else? (anyway, it's a "standard" thing to do)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Possibly in the 'Play' menu?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey Sammy

Sorry for the delay.
I tested if the 20 ms thingy can be resolved, but have to disappoint you. It can be improved a bit, but it's not really worth it, and it can give trouble in some cases. Certainly when you use fading etc., you still might hear strange things.

I think that problem is something for the MM developers to solve, as I don't know another way.

To move the Song Previewer button to the "Play" menu, simply replace

Code: Select all

SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard, 0, 0

Dim TBItem : Set TBItem = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_TbStandard, 0, 0) 
by

Code: Select all

SDB.UI.AddMenuItemSep SDB.UI.Menu_Play, 0, 0

Dim TBItem : Set TBItem = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_Play, 0, 0) 
(in Sub OnStartup)

I'll replace the original code too, because SongPreviewer fits indeed better in the "Play" menu.

Cheers
Steegy
Andario

Post by Andario »

Hi there, and thanks for the plugin.

Maybe I´m doing something wrong, but to make the previewer work I have to go to Tools/Scripts/Previewer, which I thinks it´s a little bit unconfortable, specially provided that this plugin try to do things easier...

Is there any way to make it appear on the right click menu??

Thanks!!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The installing instructions are on the first page of this thread.
Basically, you just have to copy the supplied code text in a plain text file called "SongPreviewer.vbs" and put it in MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder.
More information can be found in the FAQ ("How do I install scripts?"): http://faq.mediamonkey.com/index.php?ac ... artlang=en

The script is an Auto-script. That means that it will automaticly start when you start MediaMonkey, and it will add an item to the Play menu.

Depending on what you call the "right-click menu" (in the tracklist, tree or nowplaying list?), you can do the same as mentioned in my previous post, but change Menu_TbStandard to Menu_Pop_Tree OR Menu_Pop_TrackList OR Menu_Pop_NP.
If you want the SongPreviewer in all 3 right-click menus, then make that you have 3 times the 2 lines mentioned in the previous post, and use in the first Menu_Pop_Tree, in the second Menu_Pop_TrackList and in the third Menu_Pop_NP. If you don't know how to do this, just let me know (like PM'ing me).

Cheers
Steegy
tdcain

Nice Script

Post by tdcain »

Makes adding lyrics very easy.

Thank you.
macp

Post by macp »

Just updated on MediaMonkey 3 and the script still works :-)
Love this script - great for quick pre-listening big song archives

Just one problem. Some songs don't play correctly - the scipt jumps directly to the overnext title. Only when ich doublecklick the skipped song, it will play correctly. This only happens, wenn i use the song preview-script.
grammalvsu

Post by grammalvsu »

macp wrote:Just updated on MediaMonkey 3 and the script still works :-)
Love this script - great for quick pre-listening big song archives

Just one problem. Some songs don't play correctly - the scipt jumps directly to the overnext title. Only when ich doublecklick the skipped song, it will play correctly. This only happens, wenn i use the song preview-script.
I love the crap out of this script. But I'm having the same problem in MM3. Most of the time the script works fine, but on occasion it will try a track and then skip immediately to the next one. The frequency of the problem seems to be correlated with how many tracks you've used the previewer for the current MM session. Right upon opening MM it never happens for the first 15 tracks I use the previewer on; but the more I use it after that, the more often it seems to happen.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help.
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Can this be used to shorten long tracks ?

Please see my post here :

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27208

So basically, I want all my songs to play for 3 minutes and not more...
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If you set Start [whatever] to 0 and End [TimePeriod] to 180, it should work (on MM2 at least).
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Steegy - check out this forum post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143726

He asked for a script to play the first 20 seconds and last 20 seconds of a song. I pointed him to this script and gave him a suggestion on how to hack a change to do what he wants. If you have any update plans for SongPreviewer, perhaps you could add the option to play first and last x seconds of the song.