SongPreviewer v1.1.0 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TommyF

Post by TommyF »

Steegy, I just wanted to thank you for providing some code that, with slight modification provided by onenonymous, is going to make my job a good deal less tedious.

This is what onenonymous suggested I change in order to get the functionality I wanted:

Code: Select all

Sub StartNextSong(Timer) 
    UnregisterTimer 
    Call WriteToLog("Timer event handling unregistered in StartNextSong") 
    SDB.Player.Next 
End Sub

to look like this:

Sub StartNextSong(Timer) 
    UnregisterTimer 
    SDB.Player.PlaybackTime = SDB.Player.CurrentSongLength - 20 * 1000 
    Call WriteToLog("Timer event handling unregistered in StartNextSong") 
End Sub 
And
try commenting out (or deleting) two lines in the StartPlaying procedure:

SDB.Player.PlaybackTime = StartTime 
thanks a bunch for starting off with some great code!
debu

Post by debu »

Does the made "SongPreviewer.vbs" just have to be placed in the scripts/auto directory or is there something that needs to be placed in the .ini file as well? thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

debu wrote:Does the made "SongPreviewer.vbs" just have to be placed in the scripts/auto directory or is there something that needs to be placed in the .ini file as well? thanks
Auto folder only.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ko_k1dd

Re: SongPreviewer: Song previewing mode for MediaMonkey

Post by ko_k1dd »

I don't know what's wrong. I have 2.5.5.997 and every time I use it it gives me

error #13

or something like that with VBScript
DAMN, GINA!!!!!!!!!!!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ko_k1dd wrote:I don't know what's wrong. I have 2.5.5.997 and every time I use it it gives me

error #13

or something like that with VBScript
i think it has something to do with the script being updated for mm 3.0 which does not work for mm 2.
that might be causing the error.?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Hakeem

Post by Hakeem »

Hi guys!
I desperately want to use the song preview function but unfortunately something seems to be wrong. As far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong: First I created a plain text file in the auto folder of MM, then I renamed the folder to SongPreviewer.vbs and saved it. Next step was to start MM and look for a new button but I just couldn't any.
Could one of you guys please tell me where this button is supposed to be located?
Thanx, H
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hakeem wrote:Hi guys!
I desperately want to use the song preview function but unfortunately something seems to be wrong. As far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong: First I created a plain text file in the auto folder of MM, then I renamed the folder to SongPreviewer.vbs and saved it. Next step was to start MM and look for a new button but I just couldn't any.
Could one of you guys please tell me where this button is supposed to be located?
Thanx, H
Did you save the file SongPreviewer.vbs to \Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\?

According to the first post, (I have never tried this script) "A item is added to the bottom of the "Play" menu, to open the non-modal options form. "

Hakeem

Post by Hakeem »

@nohitter151
Yes, I did but nothing happens at all. I'm pretty sure that the file format of the saved file has something to do with my problem; in Explorer it is displayed as a plain text file whereas the other scripts that I have installed are shown as VBScript files. Something must have gotten wrong but I just don't know what it could be. Any more ideas?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hakeem wrote:@nohitter151
Yes, I did but nothing happens at all. I'm pretty sure that the file format of the saved file has something to do with my problem; in Explorer it is displayed as a plain text file whereas the other scripts that I have installed are shown as VBScript files. Something must have gotten wrong but I just don't know what it could be. Any more ideas?
In Windows explorer, go to Tools -> Folder options, then the 'View' tab. Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", then change SongPreviewer.vbs.txt to SongPreviewer.vbs

You'll have to restart MM before the script will appear.

Murray-hs

Post by Murray-hs »

can you add it a fade in and fade out , and let the user set the time for it?
thanks
Murray
kerra

Post by kerra »

I just installed this and it works great for me. Thank you!

Regards,
Kerra
Baeowulf

Post by Baeowulf »

Hello MM Forum. I am using Gold 3.2.0.1294 on a quad core 32 bit XP-Pro SP3 machine.

I have never installed a script without an installer. I would like to install the SongPreviewer but the instructions at "How To Install Script Addons" http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=97 isn't quite clear to me.

For example, I do not know if I should be using step 3 or 4 from the above instructions, where I must choose to install either an "Auto Script" or just a "Script"

I also do not know if I should be copying the entire text into a VBS file, or only a portion.

Does someone have an easier walk-thru that I can follow to install the SongPreviewer Script?

Vic
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

See the first post of this thread:
Steegy wrote:Installing manually:

The script consists of 1 standalone script file ("SongPreviewer.vbs").
It has to be placed in MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder.
More information can be found in the FAQ ("How do I install scripts?"): http://faq.mediamonkey.com/index.php?ac ... artlang=en
This script is an Auto-script.

Baeowulf

Post by Baeowulf »

nohitter151 -- thank you. I overlooked the directions. The directions are quite clear. I did not understand that the SongPreviewer was available on the PLAY Menu. That was part of the problem...I was looking for an icon on a toolbar to activate. Activating from the PLAY dropdown menu works fine for me now.

I appreciate this walk thru.

Regards,

Vic
Rave_Zero

Post by Rave_Zero »

Thanks a lot for this very useful script, most songs nowadays start @1:30 or later... now I don't have to skip manually.
It works flawlessly with MM v 3.2.1.