SongPreviewer v1.1.0 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

livelike321

Re: SongPreviewer: Song previewing mode for MediaMonkey

Post by livelike321 »

Thank you so much for the script, working great with v3.2!! before I used A-B repeater for winamp, but it does not work correctly with my MM version.
Cheers. :D
terrypin

Re: SongPreviewer: Song previewing mode for MediaMonkey

Post by terrypin »

Thanks a bunch, Steegy, excellent script! Just installed after recommendation here
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=58481

One extension I'd love to see is the facility to specify two sections in the same track. One near the start, the other near the end.

From my initial research this was discussed here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143726

But I'm reluctant to try hacking it the way suggested by onenonymous as I assume it will override the 'standard' operation. It's working so sweetly at the moment I don't want to experiment, for now at least!

Any chance that you might add that extra at some time please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
Steegy

Re: SongPreviewer v1.1 [MM3+4]

Post by Steegy »

Hi, please check out the new version.
If there are any issues with it, be sure to let me know.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks Steegy, that's great!

--
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
d1dd1

Post by d1dd1 »

Hello,

Thanks for this, but the link in the first post is down :(

Anyone has a mirror ?

Thanks
Steegy

Re: SongPreviewer v1.1.0 [MM3+4]

Post by Steegy »

Oops :oops:
Link is fixed.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

can you add option to remember "enabled" on mm-restart?
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

Very cool. I was looking for something VERY close to this (see my link). Your script scrolls through the song list like MM 4.1 needs so it can auto-tag, but it doesn't trigger whatever event MM is looking for that replicates a mouse click or arrow up/down to trigger the auto-tagging (lyrics & art).

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p373090

Any chance at taking a peek at the script and adding a tweak?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

jimbob_sf wrote:Very cool. I was looking for something VERY close to this (see my link). Your script scrolls through the song list like MM 4.1 needs so it can auto-tag, but it doesn't trigger whatever event MM is looking for that replicates a mouse click or arrow up/down to trigger the auto-tagging (lyrics & art).

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p373090

Any chance at taking a peek at the script and adding a tweak?
jimbob_sf wrote:SOLVED!!! Ok, here's how to do this.

1. In the Metadata Lookup section of Options, you have to enable search & save for what you want (lyrics or artwork). I had this one right.
2. Have the Art & Details view open. This is where I was seeing the detailed lyrics.
3. Select the Now Playing tab, not the Selected tab. This is where I was running afoul. I had the Selected tab showing so only the selected song got updated. Once I switched to the Now Playing tab, all the songs that play get the metadata.
4. Run the Song Previewer script linked in this thread. I started at time zero and played for 1 second.

I'm still playing with how big each batch of selected songs can be before things really slow down. I think mileage varies based on whether it can find the data quickly or not. For me, this method is preferable to all the other add-ons & scripts because this just "does it".

Thank you everyone who chimed in to help me out!
disassembledmind

Post by disassembledmind »

Does anyone else have problems with MM freezing when using this script? I've tried different settings, but at some point it always stops forwarding to the next song. It will continuously loop the last song at whatever the preview setting was. The display will show there is one file to be tagged. The running time will go on forever despite the shown length of time for the song. Like right now it's stuck on a song that MM displays as 3:22, but the current track time is at 12:37 and continuing to run. I can click on other buttons on MM and they all display correctly, but the player does not stop or pause, and I cannot close MM through File > Exit or the red X (has to be done through Task Manager). I'm using Windows 8 and MediaMonkey 4.1.0.1692 and the songs are stored on an external HD. Any ideas?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

disassembledmind wrote:Does anyone else have problems with MM freezing when using this script? I've tried different settings, but at some point it always stops forwarding to the next song. It will continuously loop the last song at whatever the preview setting was. The display will show there is one file to be tagged. The running time will go on forever despite the shown length of time for the song. Like right now it's stuck on a song that MM displays as 3:22, but the current track time is at 12:37 and continuing to run. I can click on other buttons on MM and they all display correctly, but the player does not stop or pause, and I cannot close MM through File > Exit or the red X (has to be done through Task Manager). I'm using Windows 8 and MediaMonkey 4.1.0.1692 and the songs are stored on an external HD. Any ideas?
your statement of continued looping tells me the cache is dumping and only lets that last bit of the last song in it to play. i suggest setting your virt memory to a larger amount and make it two or three mb's different from the min, to the max.. size. also you might try getting more ram, making the L2 cache bigger, and speeding up the prioritys with the program manager of your choice that will do that on your system and keep the changes when you reboot.

also running a system clean up program like ccleaner or better one will help with junk that is left in your computer, try MaxMem from analogx.com to help keeping the ram cleared out. also try finding a program that will keep the cpu cycle hog programs in control. Like Bill2's Process Manager, it will do that and allow you options of setting the prioritys.
the more you do with mediamonkey the more memory and cycles he uses up so if you can make him move faster and get the other's to slow down some and not use much of your systems resources you might make the freezeing / cache dumping stop.

:-?

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
disassembledmind

Post by disassembledmind »

Thank you for the advice. I increased my virtual cache and am working on implementing the other suggestions you gave me. I think I also just need to learn to accept that my computer has certain limitations based on it's build, and I need to limit how much I ask it to do at one time. Ho-Hum :(
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I've had a really annoying problem when using this. On songs that last longer than my end time (150 seconds), it will go to the next song and repeat the first second (:01) or so twice before continuing the song. On songs that are less than my end time (under 150 seconds), songs play normally.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

Could you please add skip and play counter values after previewing a song?
Friedrich

Very useful! Thank you, Steegy!

Post by Friedrich »

Using MM for many years now and there are still gems like this left to be found!
I am in the process of getting rid of (lots of..) unrated and sub standard music that has piled up over the years.
For me listening to a preview of 20 seconds is mostly enough to decide if its worth keeping it.
This is the perfect tool to do this. Thanks!
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit