LibraryPanes: Library panes like these in Winamp, iRiver, ..

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gab

Post by gab »

Is there a way to pla tracks from any of the panes. I tried right clicking and double clicking but nothing happenned
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

That's something I wanted to put in some next version. The only problem I have is: what to play if e.g. the artist is chosen to be played (e.g. by double-click or enter). Does a person want all tracks of the artist played, only those that also match the chosen Custom criterium (e.g. genre, mood, ...), or only the tracks that match all selected criteria (Custom, Artist and Album) and are shown in the tracks view? In what order do the tracks have to be played?

It'd be best if everything is optionable/choosable, but such things take time...

The thing I'd do is add "play all tracks of that artist" and "play tracks of that artist that match the selected Custom criterium" functionality (tracks in alphabetical order).
If a Custom criterium or an album is chosen to be played, there's not so much trouble. The album could be played in tracks order, the custom criterium would be played in alphabetical artist/title order or in alphabetical title order.

What do you (and others) want if a pane entry is chosen to be played?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
gab

Post by gab »

Under the assumption that more customization is preferable but requires more time and effort, I'd pick the following as the default (with the caveat that I have never written a word of code - other than changing the background color per your previous post (thanks) - so I have no idea if what follows is difficult or not):

I'd make it so whichever item was double-clicked would play all the tracks in track view. Therefore in a Genre - Artist - Album setup...

Double-click a specific Genre and all the tracks in that Genre are played
Double-click an Artist and all that Artists tracks are played
Double click an Album and all the tracks of that Album are played.

As far as order, I'd add them in the order of the track view. If you want to randomize yoiu can always use the Now Playing window command.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I agree with gab that my prefered settings would be to play everything in the tracks list, in the same order as the tracks list - but I'm sure other users would appreciate other options! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
JohhnyK

Post by JohhnyK »

Great script, thanks for your work.

The script appears to be running fine for me, but on clicking on any item in the pane i get and error message saying: 'error executing script event'. (no other information). After clicking OK on this error box, it comes up again. The next click on ok makes it go away.. (Until next time i click on an item in the pane.

The script however appears to be working.

Any idea how i can disable these error messages?
gab

Post by gab »

I had a similar problem. On page 2 of this thread Steegy has a post explaining how to add some files to the system 32 directory. I followed those instructions and got rid of the error message
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

JohhnyK wrote:Great script, thanks for your work.

The script appears to be running fine for me, but on clicking on any item in the pane i get and error message saying: 'error executing script event'. (no other information). After clicking OK on this error box, it comes up again. The next click on ok makes it go away.. (Until next time i click on an item in the pane.

The script however appears to be working.

Any idea how i can disable these error messages?

on the error box coming back up.

let me guess. the first box is huge right? you then click okay then the next box is smaller with a little different information in?

that is what goes on with errors when i get them in scripts.

one alert is from windows saying someting screwed up in this script.
one is from monkey saying it could not use that script.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

I have the files and registered them as detailed on page 2. No difference.

The error messages are both identical (in size (smallish) and placement). Both have the title error.

I have noticed when using the script and i try to close mediamonkey i get the following error.

error title: MediaMonkey
error content: Access violation at address 004076E0 in module 'MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe'. Read of address 0A87E2D4

Mediamonkey shows that error message the first time i click close - and doesn't close. Pressing close again however, closes it normally???

Any ideas?!?!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

My best guess is that you aren't using the required version of MediaMonkey.
MediaMonkey versions prior MM 2.5.3 RC4 will indeed give these error dialogs each time, without apparent reason (this happens 2x per time the selection in a pane is changed).

Please install the latest version of MediaMonkey (2.5.3 release) and try again.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
JohhnyK

Post by JohhnyK »

Sorry for my stupidity.. didn't have the latest version installed.

Also wondering if there is anyway to 'unshow the titlebar', like in other windows. (the part that says librarypane).

Thanks again for this wonderful script!!!
gab

Post by gab »

Is there a way to change the highlight color in the script? For example if you select an Artist and then select an Album from that Artist, in the Album pane it is difficult to tell which Artist is selected (the difference between the highlight and the background is very subtle). Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

At the moment there is no way to hide the title bar, although this is functionality us scripters have requested.

The selection colour in the listbox is dependant entirely on your skin. This is not something controlled by this script.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

1) That's right. The possibility to hide the title bar for dockable panels has been requested.

2) Sorry, I have to disagree. This script uses a control (listview) that looks as the standard controls in Windows, so it depends on the chosen Windows skin (theme), and completely independant of MediaMonkey.
But this script overrides some things:
- other background color
- other foreground color
- listview out of focus still shows it's selection (but as the ground of your question: its color is too "indistinguishable"). Normally the selection wouldn't be shown at all (for a control out-of-focus, so when something else is selected).
The control doesn't natively support changing the color of the selection (both in focused and non-focused state), but it is possible to do this (for the in-focus selection color anyway). But it needs quite a workaround, with extra file(s) to install (and that's something that should be prevented). But I'll look into it as I will probably need these kind of workarounds anyway in the future.

Cheers
Steegy
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

works great...thanks for your work.

Post by Guest »

what about adding a search function/ filter. (like winamp does) so you type something in and everything in the librarypane that wasn't related to that would disappear.

i know this exactly what winamp does but mm has cooler features and this is the only thing i miss from winamp