Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sommo

Post by sommo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for this!

Bones

OK...Making progress...I'm up to imbecile

Post by Bones » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 pm

You're right, it DOES work in MM3! At least after I click "save image" on all the files, MM3 sees the correct graphics, if I was successful.

No wonder you don't have time to code, doing all of this replying :)

Like I said, I'm up to imbecile, so I've got some more q's to get me up to dumbA%!.

1) What else does the script do for you in MM2?
2) Am I doing everything right? This is the first script I've used for MM. Do I need to do anything to add the folder.jpg files to the tags themselves (see #3) or will this suffice for getting files to my ipod 160 classic?
3) I can't see the Album Art Tagger in scripts. It's just the file, right, that I put in the scripts directory? How do I run it and why?

A link to readme's that I'm missing would be fine. I'm really feeling stupid now.

Bones

Not yet up to imbecile yet.

Post by Bones » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:09 pm

Just went back into MM3, and the ones that I thought had been tagged have not. So, what would the process be again to use BAF and then AAT? Other Q's still apply above :)
Bones

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:16 am

Well the tagging of the images to the tracks I believe doesn't work correctly in MM3 yet. However, if you've managed to download the images then you can download my Album Art Tagger from my website which has processes you can run to tag tracks with images.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Bones

Bug, user problem, or suggestion?

Post by Bones » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:52 am

Trixmoto,

Been using BAF and extracting art to folders, and using AAT to import into MM3.

Found that LOTS of albums weren't getting art, so went to properties to find that all of them had art, but it was blank, and the text "Added by Trixmoto's Album Art Tagger".

I think I've just discovered why. If I do a BAF search, and don't find art, I change the search criteria. For example, I searched for artist:Depeche Mode; album:Live for any DM live recordings. It looks like BAF is using "Live.jpg" instead of "Live in Detroit 091806", so when you try to use the mask to import in with AAT, it doesn't find "Live in Detroit 091806.jpg", doesn't know to look for live.jpg, and thus inserts in blank album art.

So, is this user error (i've searched), a bug, or is there a way to make it pickup the right jpg for album art?

If the jpg was saved as the original <album> tag, instead of the modified search parameter, it'd work fine, right?

Thanks,
Bones
Bones

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to investigate further before I can give you a helpful answer! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

sn0skier

Post by sn0skier » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am

are you still planning on getting this to work for mm3? Just wanted to make sure since this topic has been dead for a few weeks.

----------------
Now playing: Dimitri from Paris - La vie
via FoxyTunes
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 am

Yeah, it's on my incredibly long list!! :D

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:01 am

Hi Richard, happy new year. What are the top 5 things on your list?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 am

Well my list isn't really ordered, but I'm currently working on GenreFinder, so that would be number 1 :)

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:57 am

Oh, I thought that worked in MM3 already? I've used it but stopped because I didn't really like the genres offered but it's a great script. I'll go and check out where it's at again. Thanks.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:37 am

It has already been converted for MM3 but there were a couple of bugs and a few enhancements I want to get sorted.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:16 pm

New version (2.6) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Made compatible with MM3
- Fixed storage options not working correctly for FLAC and OGG
- Fixed error when data goes missing
- Fixed modified query causes artwork to be saved in the wrong place
- Fixed using mousewheel causes source to change rapidly

@Teknojnky - I don't think I can change the focus of objects on the form via scripting, can't find out how to anyway! I have however made it so that rocking the mouse up or down on the source will only change it once so that should stop the errors you are getting. :)

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Sweet, thanks for the update!

I did notice one thing, on the window it shows:

Code: Select all

Album: Full Moon Fever 
Artist: Tom Petty 
Year: 19890000.0
note the year! :o

Also, regarding the default control, if I remember correctly, the default is set in one of the control properties. I'll have to check on it later, but I remember in VB6 there was some property you set to make it a the default (typically the "OK" or "Cancel" button).

fuzzynavel

Buggy?

Post by fuzzynavel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Unfortunately the script didn't really work for me. It seems to go out, find the art, and then when it finishes with the files in the batch it flushes out all the art and goes out to look for more. It just keeps running in a cycle and I have to pause and cancel out to stop the script.

I'm running on a vista pc with MM3.

Thanks!