Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

borisag

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.1 - Updated 31/01/2011

Post by borisag » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 am

Aff wrote:@borisag:

Your result looks as if JavaScript was disabled.
I've checked the Google page source. The "nav_logo_hp2.png" seems to be only present without JavaScript. In that case BatchArtFinder obviously doesn't find the source URLs at all.

So please press Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Security, Internet, Default level.
It should be "Medium-high" afterwards, where JavaScript is enabled by default.
Hi Aff thanks for the help
I did that and I updated java but it keeps returning No results. In the log keeps appearing :
11:32:53 a.m. Src (skipped URL): 'http://images.google.com/images/nav_logo_hp2.png'
11:32:53 a.m. Image 'http://images.google.com/images/nav_logo_hp2.png' is wrong type: PNG (album:1)

Aff

Post by Aff » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

borisag wrote:I did that and I updated java but it keeps returning No results. In the log keeps appearing :
11:32:53 a.m. Src (skipped URL): 'http://images.google.com/images/nav_logo_hp2.png'
Let's check it manually.
  1. Please start Internet Explorer
  2. www.google.com
  3. Press "Pictures"
  4. Search for an album title
  5. Do you see the resulting pictures with or without text underneath each picture? If with text: bad.
  6. Move your mouse over a picture and wait a short moment. Is the picture shown bigger with a link and some text? If no: bad.
  7. If "bad" somehow IE behaves as if JavaScript was disabled.
    To be sure it is activated: Select Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, Scroll down until you see the section labeled 'Scripting.', Under 'Active Scripting,' select Enable and click OK.
    Maybe you've installed some antivirus that is blocking it.

lostinthought

Post by lostinthought » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

AFF - It worked!!! Google search returned results. I was able to go backwards and forwards to try different images, and was able to save the art to multiple files. Thanks for fixing the script!!!!

borisag

Post by borisag » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:25 am

Aff wrote:
borisag wrote:I did that and I updated java but it keeps returning No results. In the log keeps appearing :
Let's check it manually.
  1. Please start Internet Explorer
  2. www.google.com
  3. Press "Pictures"
  4. Search for an album title
  5. Do you see the resulting pictures with or without text underneath each picture? If with text: bad.
  6. Move your mouse over a picture and wait a short moment. Is the picture shown bigger with a link and some text? If no: bad.
  7. If "bad" somehow IE behaves as if JavaScript was disabled.
    To be sure it is activated: Select Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, Scroll down until you see the section labeled 'Scripting.', Under 'Active Scripting,' select Enable and click OK.
    Maybe you've installed some antivirus that is blocking it.
Thanks for your help again
I did what you suggested and Google shows the images in the "bad" way but there is a link in the top that says something like "You are watching the basic version because your Internet connection seems to be too slow- Change to the standard version" when you clic on it it shows the images in the "good" way.
I don't know if this is the problem or if there is a way to fix it.

borisag

Post by borisag » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 pm

borisag wrote: Thanks for your help again
I did what you suggested and Google shows the images in the "bad" way but there is a link in the top that says something like "You are watching the basic version because your Internet connection seems to be too slow- Change to the standard version" when you clic on it it shows the images in the "good" way.
Hi again Aff, I think I solved the problem. It was what I'd said above: the basic version and slow internet connection issue on Google images. I realized that the difference between the url on Google Images on basic version and standard version was this text: "&sout=0" added in the last one. So I added too to the script in this parts:
doc.WriteLine " geturl = geturl&sout=0&""&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=0&safe=off&sa=G"&ImageSize&"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"""

url = url&"&sout=0&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=0&safe=off&sa=G"&ImageSize&"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"

url = url&sout=0&"&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=0&safe=off&sa=G"&ImageSize&"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"

And it worked! I don't know If you see something wrong about it of if there's any simplier way. Anyway thanks for all the help, you're amazing!

Aff

Post by Aff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:10 pm

borisag wrote:(...)Google shows the images in the "bad" way but there is a link in the top that says something like "You are watching the basic version because your Internet connection seems to be too slow- Change to the standard version" when you clic on it it shows the images in the "good" way.
This is strange, I've never seen a message like that. Are you using a dial-up/mobile connection? Or a proxy server? Maybe you've got a virus? :o You could try to google for the exact message, if it really is a google message then you should find some info about it.

Edit 1: I've just seen that you've found a solution to adapt the script. I'll quickly check if it can be integrated. Nevertheless you should find out the reason for the slow version.
Edit 2: Works fine for me as well. Indeed &sout=0 forces the new/standard version and &sout=1 forces the old/basic version. Thanks a lot!

Aff

Inofficial Batch Art Finder 4.1.1 - Updated 30/06/2012

Post by Aff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:08 pm

To make it easy for all users, I've built a new install package and changed the version to 4.1.1.

Download BatchArtFinder with fixed Google search

Please keep in mind that this is an unofficial version and don't expect any support on it!

Additionally I've replaced Juno by GoMusicNow (credits to joemama).

If Google search still doesn't work, please check and follow the links for detailed instructions: @trixmoto: I hope you're OK with this and maybe find some time to integrate it into an official release.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:16 am

Yep, this is definitely ok. I'll take a look at what you've done when I get a chance. Thanks for fixing the script, I know I've left it broken for too long.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

trixmoto

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 am

New version (4.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed Google source (thanks to Aff)
- Added GoMusicNow source (thanks to Joemama)
- Fixed problem with links not working with some options enabled
- Fixed handling of AudioScrobbler error statuses

Sorry for the delay! I tried to add both Bing and IMDB as new sources, but I couldn't get anything more than thumbnails out of them.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm

themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com may work better as sources than imdb.com
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

scott967

Post by scott967 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:54 am

Found this script (4.2) and thought I would give it a try. The concept seems good. It seemed to work the first time, but when trying to save I got the "MSInet" error. Saw the recommendations to sort that, but then got no results on Google. So then I though I would try the 4.1.1 mod, and that one was working at first, but then ended up "no results" as well. So I looked at at the log. The search url seemed well-formed:

Code: Select all

@http://images.google.com/images?q=Kraftwerk+Autobahn&sout=0&svnum=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=0&safe=off&sa=G&imgsz=medium&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
and worked when pasted into IE9. So I looked at the next log entry:

Code: Select all

22:21:46 Src (skipped URL): 'http://www.google.com/sorry/image?id=5705153204416149408&hl=en'
22:21:46 Image 'http://www.google.com/sorry/image?id=5705153204416149408&hl=en' is wrong type: COM/SORRY/IMAGE?ID=5705153204416149408&HL=EN (album:1)
Which looking at it in IE9 it looks like Google is returning a captcha, which makes the previous results make sense (Google allows initial search, then figures out it's automated and throws up the captcha). At least that's my guess.

scott s.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

Oh dear, every time I fix this script, they come up with another way to break it!

Nanya

Post by Nanya » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched for a while with no luck.

Clicking the links in the window does nothing. Clicking "try next image", "edit album query", etc., doesn't do anything. No errors, no nothing. (This is when the results are set to 1) If I set the results to >1 it seems to select any random one to save, and clicking on the different images changes nothing.

Running Win 7 x64. I have IE9, but my default browser is Chrome. I've done my best to make sure all my activex and scripting settings are set to "enabled" or "prompt" but still nothing. (I have yet to ever see a prompt.)

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:10 am

It definitely sounds like IE is blocking the scripts access, in fact it doesn't seem to be running the script at all, do you have javascript enabled? It's always IE that is used, regardless of what other browsers you may have.

Nanya

Post by Nanya » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:59 am

trixmoto wrote:It definitely sounds like IE is blocking the scripts access, in fact it doesn't seem to be running the script at all, do you have javascript enabled? It's always IE that is used, regardless of what other browsers you may have.

Googling around, it seems that to enable javascript in IE, you have to set "Active Scripting" to "Enabled". It already was.

(That being said, everything else in the window works fine. It finds images, it displays them, and it saves them.)

So to test this, I changed "Active Scripting" to "Prompt". Now when I run the BAF, I get prompts. After clicking "Yes" on (5 or) 6 prompts, the images show up. However, after that 6th click, two more prompts show up. One goes away when you click "Yes", but the other generates a seemingly infinite number of further prompts, no matter how many times I click "Yes". However, clicking "No" just 3 times makes the prompts stop.

I hope this helps.