Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

michealespinola

Re: Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Post by michealespinola »

I am having the same issue with 2.1 (empty text file returned). 2.0 sort of works, but each track line is quadruple-duplicated. 1.8 appears to work, but is useless to me compared to the features in later versions of this script.

I have tried selecting albums/folders, as well as individual tracks.
rrfpacker wrote:
Go to this link to find version 1.8. Download the .mmip to your computer, open MM, double click on the .mmip.
My Scripts.ini won't do you any good as each one is different based on what scripts are installed.
http://trixmoto.net/mm/older.php?f=JustListAlbums

Good Luck.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What are your options set to for this script? For example, the UTF8 mode write the file very differently, so if that's not working, you could try doing it in non-UTF8 mode to see if that makes a difference.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jgsylvester

[SOLVED] How to set and use TAB as delimiter in Just List Al

Post by jgsylvester »

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to set the Delimiter in the Just List Albums script extension to TAB. If I enter a keyboard tab, in the Delimiter box, the cursor moves to the next box, which seems logical. If I leave the Delimiter box blank (maybe it defaults to TAB ?), how do I use this "blank" delimiter in the other masks?
Last edited by jgsylvester on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
popsmike

Re: How to set and use TAB as delimiter in Just List Albums

Post by popsmike »

jgsylvester wrote:I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to set the Delimiter in the Just List Albums script extension to TAB. If I enter a keyboard tab, in the Delimiter box, the cursor moves to the next box, wjhich seems logical. If I leave the Delimiter box blank (maybe it defaults to TAB ?), how do I use this "blank" delimiter in the other nasks?
The only one I can remember for a TAB shortcut is "ALT + 9" (Press and hold ALT then press numberpad 9), this will draw a small circle when you let go.
I believe this is the universal windows method but i could be wrong.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

jgsylvester wrote:I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to set the Delimiter in the Just List Albums script extension to TAB. If I enter a keyboard tab, in the Delimiter box, the cursor moves to the next box, wjhich seems logical. If I leave the Delimiter box blank (maybe it defaults to TAB ?), how do I use this "blank" delimiter in the other nasks?
When I import the .txt file into Excel, Tab does indeed seem to be the default. I just change it to comma and it works like a charm.
jgsylvester

Post by jgsylvester »

popsmike wrote:
The only one I can remember for a TAB shortcut is "ALT + 9" (Press and hold ALT then press numberpad 9), this will draw a small circle when you let go.
Thanks for the response. However, when I type ALT+9 in the mask and the Delimiter, the generated text file from Just List Albums inserts a "?" mark in the tab/delimiter position.
jgsylvester

Post by jgsylvester »

rrfpacker wrote:
When I import the .txt file into Excel, Tab does indeed seem to be the default. I just change it to comma and it works like a charm.
Thanks for the response. How did you insert a tab into the Just List Albums album mask? When I inset a keyboard tab, it just goes to next mask box. Using ALT+9, the resulting text file has a "?" mark in the delimiter position.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

jgsylvester wrote:
popsmike wrote:
Thanks for the response. However, when I type ALT+9 in the mask and the Delimiter, the generated text file from Just List Albums inserts a "?" mark in the tab/delimiter position.

I don't do anything in the script, other than I've modified the mask to get what I want. I'm talking about importing into Excel after creating and saving a .txt file. Is that what you are talking about?
jgsylvester

Post by jgsylvester »

My Album mask is <album>Delimiter<Tot> . I am currently using a "\" as the Delimiter. I wish to use a TAB. My problem is I do not know (yet) what symbol or characters to use as the TAB delimiter. If I use a keyboard TAB, that action just moves the cursor to the next mask box. When I open the resulting JustListAlbums.vbs text file in Excel, I have to indicate that the delimiter is "\". That works fine.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Try typing the tab character into notepad (or any text editor) and then cut and paste it into the field - that should work.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jgsylvester

Post by jgsylvester »

trixmoto wrote:Try typing the tab character into notepad (or any text editor) and then cut and paste it into the field - that should work.
It works beautifully. Thanks for the suggestion.
Joe

Post by Guest »

hello trixmoto and everyone! i am a newb to MM and have been searching forever to find a way to export a list of artists and albums (without all the tracks). i was ecstatic to find JustListAlbums! i downloaded it and just exported my first list and have a couple questions. some artists/albums seem out of alphabetical order and compilations (various artists) seem to be peppered throughout the list. is there an easy way for an amateur like me to clean this up a bit? i'm not sure why some are out of place and was hoping to group all the comps together for easy reference. here's some sample from my list:

Bowery Electric - Vertigo, Disc 1 (5/3)
Bowery Electric - Vertigo, Disc 2 (11/6)
The Rolling Stones - In the Mix: Make Up For Ugly Old Geezers (24/12)
Bows - Big Wings (Single) (8/4)
Bows - Blush (26/13)
Various - Pebbles Vol. 4 (48/24)
Brazilian Girls - Brazilian Girls (24/12)
Brazilian Girls - New York City (22/11)
Brazilian Girls - Talk to La Bomb (24/12)
The Breeders - Pod (24/12)
Rod Stewart - Storyteller (51/17)
Brian Eno - Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks (24/12)
Various - Cool World (26/15)
Brian Eno - Desert Island Selection (21/11)
Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets (20/10)
Various - Industrial Revolution (25/11)
Various - Industrial Revolution: Second Edition (30/12)
Brian Eno - Nerve Net (24/12)
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Strung Out in Heaven (26/13)
The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Songs from Lonely Avenue (13/13)
The Brian Setzer Orchestra - The Brian Setzer Orchestra (24/12)
The Brian Setzer Orchestra - The Dirty Boogie (26/13)
Brian Wilson - SMiLE (34/17)
Brick - The Best of Brick (24/12)
George Clinton - George Clinton's Family Series, Vol. 3: Plush Funk (24/12)
Soundtrack - Austin Powers (34/17)
The Brothers Johnson - Classics, Vol. 11 (30/15)
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. (24/12)
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (16/8)
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town (20/10)
Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle (14/7)
Bryan Ferry - Another Time, Another Place (20/10)
Bryan Ferry - Bête Noire - Australian Tour CD (26/13)
Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls (18/9)
Bryan Ferry - Dylanesque (22/11)

Thanks for this great feature and all that you are doing for us music lovers :) MM
musicmafia

Post by musicmafia »

PS Was also wondering how to do the list without the number of tracks afterward?

Not sure why my post above was marked as guest, I thought I was logged in... :-?
musicmafia

Post by musicmafia »

i was reading through the thread and trying to figure some of this out and was playing with the different fields (album mask, compilation mask, etc). i deleted the info for album mask and now i cant get it to work. i typed in: <Artist> - <Album> (<Tot>/<Max>) which is what i thought was in there before. is there something else to type in to get back to the "default" that was there when i first used the report? sorry i dont know a lot about this stuff.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I believe it just processes the tracks in order, so you can make sure you sort the tracks in the list prior to running the report, and they should be sorted in the same order.

With regards to resetting everything back to default, try re-installing the script again, that should do it.