Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Just List Albums 2.1 - Updated 17/03/2013

Post by rrfpacker »

In the JustListAlbums.vbs there are no such lines as Option Explicit when I use my notepad and search for the string .... hmmm

I am not keen with this VBS scripting, but really want to make a list of my collection....
That's kind of weird as I copied that directly from my .vbs. (which is version 1.8) . It's very near the top, maybe your version has that missing so look for the other lines I pointed out.

Maybe just look for this part, or something like it since I've added the <Rating> part;

Dim Mask : Mask = """<Artist>"",""<Album>"",<Rating>" 'mask for artist albums

and add <Genre>, <Bitrate>, and <Year> inside the quotes and take out whatever you don't want.
Last edited by rrfpacker on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

I reinstalled the pluging - and where to locate the file .... somehow it dissapeared from the Scripts folder.

But when I mark some albums and press the "Just List Albums" a menu pops up with 6 fields - from top : Album Mask(this field is , Compilation Mask, Track Mask, First Track Mask, Last Track Mask, Delimeter and then also a box named Support Unicode

The field Album Mask is filled with this line : AlbumArtist/Album/Date/Genre/Title

I am not sure what to do :-)

Post by Guest »

I really need help to extract my CD list - but I don´t know how to use this script.

What precisely to do ????

Do I enter the default "justlistalbum.vbs" to the script folder and then type in the string of what I want

Or do I specify this string in the "justlistalbum.vbs"

Or both ??

I just get blank results when I run this script - so somebody, please spend 5 minutes to help me

Appreciate it
Claus
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Guest wrote:I really need help to extract my CD list - but I don´t know how to use this script.

What precisely to do ????

Do I enter the default "justlistalbum.vbs" to the script folder and then type in the string of what I want

Or do I specify this string in the "justlistalbum.vbs"

Or both ??

I just get blank results when I run this script - so somebody, please spend 5 minutes to help me

Appreciate it
Claus

Code: Select all

NOTE: Mask and CompMask variables can include fields... <Artist><Album><Year><Rating><Length><Tot><Max><Discs><Bitrate>
'         <Line><Genre><Comment><Day><Month><FullDate><Rating1><Rating2><Rating3>
'
'       TrackMask variable can include: <Track#><Artist><Title><Album><Album Artist><Genre><Year><Bitrate><BPM><Composer>
'         <Custom 1><Custom 2><Custom 3><Path><Length><Rating><Custom 4><Custom 5><Disc#><Comment><Line><Playcount>
'         <ISRC><Tempo><Mood><Occasion><Quality><Publisher><OrigArtist><OrigLyricist><OrigTitle><OrigYear><DiscStr><TrackStr>
'         <Grouping><VBR><StartTime><StopTime><SkipCount><TrackType><Series><Director><Producer><Actors><ParentalRating>
'         <EpisodeNumber><SeasonNumber><Filename><Folder><Extension><Day><Month><FullDate><Rating1><Rating2><Rating3>
'
I got this Information from the .vbs file and it gives you an idea of the masks which can be used.
for example:-
<Artist> - <Album> (<Tot>) will give you the Artist name - Album name (total amount of tracks).
I hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

I have seen this, but I am confused how to use this very script.

When I run the script from MediaMonkey a menu pops up - with 5 fields - What do I type in these fields ?

And do I need to adjust the .vbs file accordingly ?

Claus

I think I need someone who can tell me precisely what to do - like 1 - 2 - 3.... Very specific

/////////////////
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

In the top box type <Artist> - <Album> then press OK that will give u a list of albums assuming you have some selected.

Post by Guest »

This Gives Me A Blank .txt document !

And I have put the original and most recent jusllistalbum.vbs in the script folder with not modifications

Hmmm

What is wrong
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Im afraid this has gone a bit beyond my level of help for you sorry, Someone may jump in with a bit more info on how you should of installed it and run it.
sorry.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Guest wrote:This Gives Me A Blank .txt document !

And I have put the original and most recent jusllistalbum.vbs in the script folder with not modifications

Hmmm

What is wrong
Make sure this is in your Scripts.ini (which is in the Scripts folder). Sounds like you copied the script to the folder instead of using the installer which means the following may not be in your Scripts.ini. If it isn't copy it and put at the bottom of Scripts.ini.
[JustListAlbums]
Filename=JustListAlbums.vbs
Procname=JustListAlbums
Order=1
DisplayName=Just List Albums
Description=Just List Albums
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1
Next open up the JustListAlbums.vbs and find this line, or something like it...it's near the top, a couple of lines below what I listed above.
Dim Mask : Mask = "<Artist> - <Album> (<Tot>/<Max>)" 'mask for artist albums

Change it to this and close.
Dim Mask : Mask = "<Artist>, <Album>, <Genre>, <Year>, <Bitrate>" 'mask for artist albums

Close and reopen MM.

Also, are you selecting any Albums? A blank text file tells me you aren't. Example, are you clicking on your Entire Library or Music node or wherever you're trying to get the information you want. Are you highlighting ALL the tracks (click on the top track, hold Shift key and hit End key)? Then are you going to File>Create Reports>Just List Albums? This should give you a text file listing all the albums, with the info you want, which you can then use as is or import into Excel and play with it.

If you do all of this and it still doesn't work, you'll have to wait to hear from someone more knowledgeable than me. Good Luck.
PS; it will help if you sign in and not keep posting as guest.
BlueNote66

Post by BlueNote66 »

So now I am logged in as Bluenote66

And I still have a blank justlistalbum.vba.txt when I follow your instructions.

Here is a screenshot of the menu I get when I select e.g 3 albums in MediaMonkey for testing

..... And when I press ok, i am returned with a blank .txt. file

Claus
// Bluenote66
BlueNote66

Post by BlueNote66 »

Still no solution with this script !

I keep on getting blank txt documents when I try to run the script.

But when I run the scipt list Just List Artist - I get a perfect result.

What am I doing wrong - I need this list ..... a little desperately :-)

Somebody help me through

Claus
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Your screen shot is something I don't get with version 1.8, it must be new. I'm no scripter, but have you tried using these <> instead of /.

<Artist> <Album> <Genre> <Year> <Bitrate> instead of Artist/Album/Genre/Year/Bitrate
BlueNote66

Post by BlueNote66 »

Yes I tried with <artist> and so on - still a blank txt. document :o

Can you send me your version 1.8 code of Justlistalbum + your script ini code - So I can try without the menu popping up

I hope somebody can help me soon

Claus
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

BlueNote66 wrote:Yes I tried with <artist> and so on - still a blank txt. document :o

Can you send me your version 1.8 code of Justlistalbum + your script ini code - So I can try without the menu popping up

I hope somebody can help me soon

Claus

Go to this link to find version 1.8. Download the .mmip to your computer, open MM, double click on the .mmip.
My Scripts.ini won't do you any good as each one is different based on what scripts are installed.
http://trixmoto.net/mm/older.php?f=JustListAlbums

Good Luck.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you selecting any tracks before you run the report? If I remember correctly, it only lists the albums for the tracks that are selected, so you'll need to select all the tracks in your library if you want a full album list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.