Calculate Cover Size 1.7 - Updated 23/10/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gege

Post by gege »

trixmoto
I have two wishes for this script:

1) Add support for Custom 4 and Custom 5 fields in MM3. I'm already using the other three...

2) Add support to store Dimensions of cover, like "500x500" or "300x300". I use only one artwork per track, but I know it will be tricky if there's more than one artwork. Maybe something like "300x300;945x945;1189x929" could be used for multiple artworks...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Added to my list! I don't think I can do Custom4+5 yet because I don't think the scripting methods have been implemented by the devs yet.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed all artwork counted regardless of linked and tagged options
- Added option to store result in Custom4 and Custom5 fields
- Added option to list the dimensions of the images
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gege

Post by gege »

trixmoto wrote:New version (1.3) now available to download from my website. Changes include...
- Added option to store result in Custom4 and Custom5 fields
- Added option to list the dimensions of the images
Big thanks!!!!
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Thanks, trix, I can now make my "not square" Magic Node!

Code: Select all

Not Square|Filter:cast(substr(Songs.Custom4,5) as integer) != cast(substr(Songs.Custom4,1,3) as integer)\<Album Artist>\<Album>
woohoo!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nice work, glad I could help with that! :)
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

A suggestion - an option NOT to populate CustomX with 000000000 if there is no album art.

In doing backups, currently, running the script (yes, just the first time) will require EVERY FILE (25000 for me) to be backed up anew. It would be nice not to have to do them all - and only put a value in if there is art.

I'll live with it - but just a thought - thanks for a great script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nice idea - I'll add this to my list! :)
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Hey trixmoto -

I wanted to use this to populate ONE field with BOTH total and widthxheight rather than use two fields.

I modified the script to have a new option (Total; WidthxHeight) that seems to work for all combinations. I also placed NOTES in the script to allow someone to make it (Somethingelse; WidthxHeight) with just two code line changes - others might want it, but not Total first.

Given I was analyzing your script, I also added (probably with stinky code, but it seems to work) the option to not populate CustomX if there is no album art.

I don't know your 'policy' on others changing your scripts, so just thought I'd mention it, and if you want to see it, let me know - if not that's fine too.

Take care.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

I realized that 'not writing to an item with no album art' didn't do that much good if the tag is updated anyway - which is what the script does.

It took a while since I hadn't written a Mediamonkey script at all, but I now have a version that creates a changesonglist from the selectedsonglist based on whether a value was placed into the customx field. (Had to do it that way based on the very first 'hint and trick' in the Mediamonkey scripting hints so that the option "update tags when editing properties" works properly.)

Given I went to that trouble, I also now check to see if the CustomX field is CHANGED from before (in case one is just redoing a lot of them) and don't update the tag if nothing changes.

Saves a lot of time for me given I often do this in large quantities.

Same caveats as in the previous message.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for the PM, I'll take a look and see about getting your modifications released. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to show total and dimensions
- Added option to not store zero values
- Fixed only modified tracks are updated

This release was developed by 'Seeker' - thanks for your hard work!
danhackley

Re: Calculate Cover Size 1.4 [MM2+3]

Post by danhackley »

Interesting script, good work !

Question - all my album art is stored in the album folder as cover.jpg, cd.jpg, rear.jpg, etc. Is it possible to have a magicnode (or via a different method) which will list the folder.jpg images in order of size, so I can replace the small ones. I have 71,582 tracks in my library so would rather not run a script on all of these populating custom fields if possible. Many thanks!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
Bex

Post by Bex »

Actually no! That's why Trixmoto developed this script!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Well, although I did have to let it run overnight, (I have about 35000 tracks), I used this to populate Custom5 (which I renamed to CoverSize) - that's one of the reasons I use Size, Dimensions and made version 1.4

I DO use magicnodes to sort by Size. But yes, I had to run this to make a field that I could sort upon.

Just leave your computer on overnight and use this - then magicnode to your heart's content.

I recommend the field I developed - that way you can sort on the size, but also see if the size is due to multiple art pieces.