Un Auto Organised 3.0 [MM2+3] - Updated 30/10/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes thank you Mizery_Made, I though about it but it will not work for me since I have different VA's names for different album genres.
Album Artist is begining with "VA" but not VA alone.

This may interest you:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90617

-----
BTW I tried your mask:

Code: Select all

$if(<Album Artist>=VA,..\<Album Artist:2> - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - <Artist> - <Title>,..\<Album Artist> - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - <Title>)
but the result is all messed up because of the "(<year>)" parenthesis.

Seams like MM' auto-organize is not parsing correctly the string as it don't expect parenthesis as part of the string. :cry:
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I didn't read too much of that topic, read the post where you said you had your VA's set up as "VA-[Genre]", the part in the brackets matches the Genre exactly? If so, the mask I posted could still work.

$if(<Album Artist>=VA-[<Genre>],..\<Album Artist:2> - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - <Artist> - <Title>,..\<Album Artist> - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - <Title>)
I just tested using some Dummy Files, long as the part in the Brackets matches the Genre of the file, it should work.

EDIT: The parenthesis around the year throw off the $if, could be worked around. Let me see here.

..\$if(<Album Artist>=VA-[<Genre>],<Album Artist:2>,<Album Artist>) - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - $if(<Album Artist>=VA-[<Genre>],<Artist> - ,)<Title>
That should do the trick.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hey that's working! Thank you.

I'm trying to figure how you did it... :o

OK I understand.

This is working fine for me:

[..\$if(<Album Artist:2>=VA,<Album Artist:2>,<Album Artist>) - <Album> (<Year>)\<Track#> - $if(<Album Artist:2>=VA,<Artist> - ,)<Title>]
Thanks a lot Mizery_Made
Cheers
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Haha, you did an even better job then I, I didn't even think of using <Album Artist:#>. Glad it's working for you, I remember the days when I used to have like 4 separate mask I'd have to sort through for certain files. A lot easier just to run one mask on everything and sit back and relax, Lol.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes indeed. :wink:
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

If I might make a suggection, you might wanna think of using "<Album Artist:3>=VA-" instead, case you end up with an artist that does start with "Va"
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You are absolutely right.

Thanks
Scimbris

Post by Scimbris »

Okay, so I've just discovered this script, but it doesn't work for me.

When I try to click the icon on the toolbar, I receive the following error:

When I click File/Create Reports/UnAutoOrganized, it puts my entire library into the UnAutoOrganized node, regardless of whether or not they need to be Auto Organized.

If it's any help, I use this mask <Album> - <Title> - <Track#>.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that you've got no songs selected when you click the button. I'm pretty stunned that I didn't put in some code to catch that though, very lazy of me, sorry! :oops:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I'm back with another 'flaw.' :P Your script doesn't handle "<Field:n>", not sure about the others such as "<Field@n>" though, but probably the same case with those aswell. Mind you, I don't know if it's a problem with the Field itself, or if it's because it's used as an If/=. *Shrugs* This isn't exactly a huge deal though, not something like when your script wasn't dropping the last "." of a folder. If you fix this, great, if not then no real problem. I can simply (re)add the file to the exclude list. Just thought I would make note of it though.

Just for kicks, here's my mask and the outcome and whatnot--

Mask: (problem area bold)
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\My Music\<Genre>\$if(<Custom 1>=--Misc--,!--Misc--!\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--2Pac Misc--,!--Misc--!\2Pac\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--2Pac Fake--,!--Misc--!\2Pac\Mixes\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--Tech Misc--,!--Misc--!\Tech N9ne\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--Tech Fake--,!--Misc--!\Tech N9ne\Mixes\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--Album--,<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\,)$if(<Custom 1>=--Album--,$if(<Artist>=<Album Artist>,<Track#> - <Title>,<Track#> - {<Artist>} - <Title>),<Artist> - $if(<Title:28>=It's Okay [One Blood][Remix],<Title:28>,<Title>))
Current Filename/Filename It Should Have:
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\My Music\Rap\!--Misc--!\The Game - It's Okay [One Blood][Remix].mp3
New Filename: (without bold area enforced)
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\My Music\Rap\!--Misc--!\The Game - It's Okay [One Blood][Remix] (ft. Bun B, Chamillionaire, Clipse, E-40, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Lil' Wayne, N.O.R.E., Nas, Rick Ross, Slim Thug, Snoop Dogg, Styles P, T.I., Tha Dogg Pound, Twista, WC and Young Dro).mp3
You can probably see why that filename is problematic, some 83 characters over the 250 character max Filename/Folder Path Windows limit, Lol. Like I stated though, not a huge problem.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm going to have to make a number of changes to this script for MM3 (assuming people will still want to use it?) so I'll try to include this fix when I upgrade it.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

What kind of changes? Changes to incorporate new features from MM3, or changes to simply make it work with MM3?

Reason I ask is, I just tried this with MM3 and... it works! :D Though, there might be nasty things happening behind the scenes, it appears to function properly (showed me 17 tracks, all of which don't match my mask [1 in need of renaming, 15 sitting in a temp folder for later use thus are fine, 1 being the one with the "<Title:28>" deal) so... *Shrugs*

As for people still using it with MM3, I can't speak for others but I can say I WILL use it. Sure, MM3 has the Background Renaming, but I won't be using it. What about times when you mistakenly rename all your files to one album? No "Auto-Tag from Filename" if MM3 just moved them based on your changes, you know? Thus, with this I can sort through what needs changing and make sure everything is A-Ok before committing.

EDIT: Actually, after looking into it a bit. I believe the "Unorganized tracks" node will replace the need for this script. You don't HAVE to enable it to automatically rename the files, but if you set up your mask, the node will then show what's unorganized. However, I've been playing with the Mask for several minutes and am unable to get it to play nice with my $if() heavy mask... *Grumbles*

EDIT 2: Your script does seem to be faster then this built in node though. *Whistles*
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

When I tried the script in MM3 it returned about half my tracks, when I only had about 5 which were unorganised. I guess it must have been my mask that wasn't quite set right, or maybe just something in my mask which isn't working. Basically it didn't work when I tried it so I've flagged it for further development, I don't actually know what changes might be needed yet. I do plan to have an exclusion list of folders in an option sheet though. Any other bugs you've found or suggestions for enhancements?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I've been playing with your script in both MM2 as well as MM3 along with MM3's built in 'feature' for this. Your scripts performance is almost parallel between the two version, showing the same results and everything. Though, the script finishes a tad bit faster in MM3 at right about 40 seconds every time. In MM2, the script finishes in about 48-58 seconds, again, both producing identical results.

The built in feature within MM3 however, takes........ 2 MINUTES and 22 seconds. Now, some of that slowness might be attributed to the 'bug' I found regard filenames ending with a '.' before the extension, but there is definitely a performance difference between your script and it. Might need to wait to see how it performs in the next release, if the mentioned bug is among those fixed.

As it stands, I would still love to see this script receive further development. I've found MM3s built in feature to be a little more hassling to mess with. It does however allow multiple masks based on different criteria (Playlist, Filter, Genre) so maybe it could deal a death blow to your script if it's performance is optimized.

As far as things needed for your script (if it remains in development), only things I can think of off hand would be a more 'user-friendly' way of dealing with exclusions. There is also the fact that some of the 'advanced mask' features aren't covered with your script, such as <Field:n> and <Field@n> as well as the new one $First(<Field>,n) for dealing with Multiple Values.

I guess it really boils down to how MM3's native support for this shapes up, as well as your desire to continue development depending on that. I mean, MM includes native support for 'Duplicates' yet look at Bex, he's taken that and pushed it to some limits. So, even if MM3 can shape up, you still might be able to push this further. *Shrugs*
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've already mentioned that I plan to add an option sheet to handle the exclusion list, and I'll certainly take your other suggestions into consideration when I next get round to looking at this script. It's still on my list of scripts for development! :)