Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sourceminer

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.4.1 (2009-03-24)

Post by sourceminer »

Sorry Guys I have been out the last few days.

I tried IE 8, Google Chrome, and FireFox.
When I click on the link to download the page just refreshes and I get nothing. Unless by some rare occurance I am not clicking on the correct file, but I highly doubt it.
I even created an account with them tried to download and the most I could do is just save it to my files. If someone wants to just send me the file, I can put it up on my FTP/HTTP server for download, rather than this stupid media sharing site.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
sourceminer

Post by sourceminer »

Perfect thank you, cant wait to try this out!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Great, let me know how it goes and what you think of the script!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5 (2009-04-29)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 3.5 (2009-04-29)
- Added "Display result Grouped By Folders" in "Custom Duplicate Search" :D
- Fixed a bug in "Folders with same Content". It didn't find all folders that were identical :oops:
- Tuned some SQL-Statements in all Folder nodes
- Changed so used Filters are saved with FilterID instead of FilterName in the ini file
+ some minor fixes

The new Group By folder is really nice. I found several duplicate albums that way, since they were mistagged etc..
Tip! Search for Same Length only, but beware of the false positives.
You also need to manually transfer the playstat and delete the duplicate folders you find. It wasn't really possible to create some automated way to do it.

This version also changes the format of its settings if a previous version is found. The settings are stored in the MediaMonkey.ini file, back it up before you upgrade if you plan to revert to an old version of the script since there is no backward compatibility from this version.

Special thanks goes to Nynaevelan who helped out with testing the update! :)

As usual, bug-reports, suggestions and comments are most welcome!

Download here or from the first post:
AdvancedDuplicateFindFix 3.5
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex
Last edited by Bex on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

All My Scripts
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks for the update!!
patch

Post by patch »

Bex wrote:Script is updated!
Anyone else having trouble downloading 3.5
Mediafire keeps giving me an empty connection when I click on "Click here to start download".
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

patch wrote:
Bex wrote:Script is updated!
Anyone else having trouble downloading 3.5
Mediafire keeps giving me an empty connection when I click on "Click here to start download".
Yea I can't download it either.

Bex, you may want to consider using a googlepages page, thats where I host my scripts and hotlink downloads seem to work fine.
patch

Post by patch »

Worked eventually.
Not sure how but I wonder if leaving the "Click here to start download" up for longer before clicking on it helped.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It seems to work now. I'm not so keen to change to another host since MM's own script repository is about to be launched soon.

All My Scripts
yak69

Post by yak69 »

Install tip - Windows Vista 64, logged in as Admin, right click and select "Run as administrator" then running the .mmip file did not prevent the "Installation Error" dialog box. Using those procedures the name of the tool would show up under the extensions menu as if it was installed, but it wouldn't show up as a node and I always got the error. I think it was because the .mmip file would ALWAYS automatically launch a second session for MM.

I fixed the problem by going to the Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey directory, selecting Properties of MediaMonkey.exe then going to the Compatibility tab and checking the "Run this program as an Administrator" checkbox. I do not think this will work if you simply change the properties of the icon or the shortcut in the start menu. I also unstalled from the MediaMonkey extensions menu prior to trying this installation method.

I closed all MediaMonkey files, double clicked the .mmip file, MediaMonkey.exe launched with Admin privileges and all is well. I unselected the Admin checkbox and it looks like it still works. I haven't tried the app yet, but at least the install is now okay.
marinegundoctor

Post by marinegundoctor »

Thanks for this script, Bex. It weeded out some 800 dupes from my collection. I was wondering if there is a way to have the script search a device for duplicates? I have a Creative Zen Vision that I had a bunch of songs already on and I know some are dupes.

I've tried making a filter but I can only make one for tracks marked as being synced.
The only way I can think of so far is to copy the device contents to my PC's drive, add to my collection, run your script, and then put them back on the device. Of course then I'll have to remember what's on the device.
Thanks!
thegeezer3

Post by thegeezer3 »

im getting an error with this as soon as i try to install it on vista 64 (im running as administrator)

my vista is in japanese so i cant just copy and paste it for you but it goes along like this

Error #9 Microsoft VBScript Execution Error
There isnt a valid ???? in the index : '[number 2]'
File..blah blah blah ....AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs", Line: 477, Column 6

see the original image for precise errors but ive translated the general error message.

media monkey v 3 0 6 1190
Bex

Post by Bex »

marinegundoctor wrote:Thanks for this script, Bex. It weeded out some 800 dupes from my collection. I was wondering if there is a way to have the script search a device for duplicates? I have a Creative Zen Vision that I had a bunch of songs already on and I know some are dupes.

I've tried making a filter but I can only make one for tracks marked as being synced.
The only way I can think of so far is to copy the device contents to my PC's drive, add to my collection, run your script, and then put them back on the device. Of course then I'll have to remember what's on the device.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Sorry but the script can't do that. I believe that Trixmoto wrote such script though, try to search for it.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

thegeezer3 wrote:im getting an error with this as soon as i try to install it on vista 64 (im running as administrator)

my vista is in japanese so i cant just copy and paste it for you but it goes along like this

Error #9 Microsoft VBScript Execution Error
There isnt a valid ???? in the index : '[number 2]'
File..blah blah blah ....AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs", Line: 477, Column 6

see the original image for precise errors but ive translated the general error message.

media monkey v 3 0 6 1190
Line 477 contains a ½ character which probably is giving your Japanese Vista problems. I'm not sure how you can fix it perhaps try google?
Well, you can also open up the script in notepad and manually change all ½ to 5.

All My Scripts