Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 (2009-07-10)

Post by Bex »

Hi TJOHO,

It seems that the ½ character is to blame here.
That could perhaps be a locale thing. What exact windows version and locale do you use?
You can also try to open the script in a text editor and change all ½ to .5
It's five of them.
DB.ExecSQL("INSERT INTO TmpRatings VALUES( 6,15,10,'½')")
To:
DB.ExecSQL("INSERT INTO TmpRatings VALUES( 6,15,10,'.5')")
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Ah, that is probably it. The old machine ran an English version of XP, and the new is Korean XP.

Unfortunately, that means I can't make the changes you mentioned in your post. If I open the script in any editor on that machine, it comes out all garbled.

Also, I don't know enough Korean (I am Norwegian myself) to figure out how to change the extension from .mmip to .txt to instead edit online.

Is it possible to get a copy of the script where those changes have been made, or saved as .txt?

Thanks,
TJOHO
Bex

Post by Bex »

You got PM
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Belgrath

Post by Belgrath »

Perhaps I'm missing something in the selection of my filter, but is there a way in which I could run this on my ipod directory in order to detect any duplicates based on something like title/artist/album all being the same.

When I'm filling up my ipod I sometimes re-copy a song or even an entire album or artist and I'd like to have a nice easy way of detecting any dupes. thanks ahead of time.

Belg
Bex

Post by Bex »

No sorry but this script only works on songs in MM's library...

All My Scripts
nik

Post by nik »

1341 Dupes.... ouch...
ty so much, best solution by far.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, nik! :)

All My Scripts
AsianBorat

Post by AsianBorat »

1030 duplicates....

Mediamonkey is awesome. This script is awesome. :D

Edit: OH crap wait, I have a LOT more duplicates....because they weren't tagged correctly >.<
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, AsianBorat! :)

All My Scripts
djksoccer4

Post by djksoccer4 »

Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone could give me some guidance as I am new MediaMonkey and I just ran across this script. Through a series of unfortunate events, my iTunes library was duplicated. I wanted to run this script to just delete the second exact copy of my songs. When I ran this script it was able to find the songs however I don't know how to create the keep/delete rule. The problem is that the date/ play count.. etc fields appear to be all the same. It doesn't really matter to me which of the two versions get deleted. It seems the file name of the second one has a number in the file name e.g. Wonderwall.mp3, Wonderwall 1.mp3, Wonderwall 2.mp3 etc depending on the number of copies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bex

Post by Bex »

If you don't care which version you delete simply then go by SongID, that can't be identical since it is MM's internal ID of the song.

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Just finished my weekend cleanups.
- Run MusicIP, Scan library files, Analyze new tracks, Archive Analysis
- In MM, Select custom AP for music files with unknown PUID (Custom5 Unknown)
- Select all tracks, Run Trix's Generate PUID script
- Select Files to Edit->Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix->Custom Duplicate Search(Custom5, Exclude Unknown)
-- Cleanup as needed

Back to no duplicate PUIDs in library.

Thanks for the script Bex. Makes maintaining an active library a lot easier.

PS: A user requested that I provide a copy of MusicIP 1.9 Beta 6 installer which is no longer available from Predixis.
This has the latest and fastest analysis tool available.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zntlig20kkd
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, Owyn! :)

All My Scripts
julial49

Post by julial49 »

Owyn, sounds like a good idea except could you explain what this means?
Owyn wrote:- In MM, Select custom AP for music files with unknown PUID (Custom5 Unknown)
What's AP? Where do I select that? I searched several minutes and I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Looks as if he has an Auto-Playlist set up which only displays files without a PUID (which he stores in Custom 5)