Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.6.2 (2010-04-07)

Post by Bex »

Duplicate content shows identical files, i.e. the file fingerprint is identical.
The standard duplicate title node shows files where the Title and Artist in the tag are the same.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
cnbehler

Post by cnbehler »

Love this script! Very helpful as I re-rip many of my CD's to a higher bitrate.

One request: Could you also add an option to copy the file location in the DataBase Values section, please? It's much easier to rip a bunch of CD's to one location and then move each to the appropriate and already-established artist/album folder. This would save me from having to move files, do a "FIND LOCATION" after each re-rip, and then copy-the-tags procedure. Thanks!
Last edited by cnbehler on Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I know the form is already crowded as is (hence the need for the ability to disable some fields), but I would find it useful to have Conductor available for the Find More From Same search. That something that could possibly work it's way into the next update? If not, that's cool.
nachtgieger

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix with MM 2.x

Post by nachtgieger »

Seems to be great, would like to use it but I need to keep MM 2 because of its compatibility with MS Access. Can I use Advanced Duplicate F&F with my MM 2.5.5? Even parts of it, like the PUID generator would be useful. Or are the tags that MM writes into the MP3 files compatible so that I can read all my files into a second MM 3 and use MM2 and MM3 side by side?
cyberlarson

Post by cyberlarson »

I'm fairly new to Media Monkey and love it's speed compared to iTunes.

I am trying to install this Advanced Duplicate as the "duplicate content" doesn't seem to work. I open MM as administrator and then I go to the mmip file and double click it. It then expands like a zip file and shows me 4 files. I've tried clicking on the install files and nothing happens except error messages.

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It shouldn't be opening like a zip file. I mean it is like a zip file, but the extension should be associated with MediaMonkey not any zip software.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cyberlarson

Post by cyberlarson »

Thanks trixmoto.

I associated it with MM. When I double-clicked, it look like it started. Couldn't see it on the Tree. Restarted and nothing. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you running MM "as administrator" to make sure that you it has raised priviledges?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cyberlarson

Post by cyberlarson »

Yes. I right click and pick "Run as Administrator"
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

cyberlarson wrote:When I double-clicked, it look like it started. Couldn't see it on the Tree. Restarted and nothing. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Just to make sure, you looked under 'Files to Edit' for this, right?
Stop Button Freak
cyberlarson

Post by cyberlarson »

yes i did
cyberlarson

Post by cyberlarson »

Got it fixed. I associated the file with MM. When I changed folder options to show extensions, there was a .zip extension. Installed fine after that
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Cool beans.
Stop Button Freak
Bex

Post by Bex »

cnbehler wrote:Love this script! Very helpful as I re-rip many of my CD's to a higher bitrate.

One request: Could you also add an option to copy the file location in the DataBase Values section, please? It's much easier to rip a bunch of CD's to one location and then move each to the appropriate and already-established artist/album folder. This would save me from having to move files, do a "FIND LOCATION" after each re-rip, and then copy-the-tags procedure. Thanks!
Thanks, I'll put your request on the list for the next version of this script!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Mizery_Made wrote:I know the form is already crowded as is (hence the need for the ability to disable some fields), but I would find it useful to have Conductor available for the Find More From Same search. That something that could possibly work it's way into the next update? If not, that's cool.
Sure, that's an easy thing to implement!

All My Scripts