Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

allbenatt

Upgraded files - workflow suggestions?

Post by allbenatt »

Continued from: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98146&p=476830#p476830

Thanks, guys. I've installed the add-on. Then, as a test run, I loaded about 5 albums at the higher bitrate into MMW, and scanned them into the library.

Opening up the Files to Edit node and the Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix tool, I find the 5 albums among those listed as "Unanalyzed" and they show up in none of the other categories - not in "Folders with Same Content" nor in "Tracks with Same Content".

Alternatively, going to "Manage Collections", under "Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix", is this screen:
https://imgur.com/oTsZaOp - [note, I don't know how to get the image to appear here using the img tags.]

I'm at a loss what to do next particularly since the screenshots at the link you provided all are missing. Seems like there should be a way to bring up the old album folder and track list next to the new (higher bit rate) album folder and track list and to choose which tags and album art get copied over and then delete the old folder.

Guidance?
Lowlander

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Post by Lowlander »

I personally use right click Find More from Same > Album to find the duplicate Album files. This of course requires that both copies have the same Album and Album Artist values to be seen as 1 Album by MediaMonkey.
allbenatt

Upgraded files - workflow suggestions?

Post by allbenatt »

Thanks, guys.
Unfortunately there is little guidance at the link you provided and all the screenshots are gone. So I've waded through on my own and here's what I have accomplished:

Installed the add-on, loaded 5 albums into MMW as a trial run, configured the tool to copy over the tags I want and the album art.

Pulled up one album and there are, as expected, duplicates. One set has the ratings and low bitrates shown. The other no ratings and higher bitrates indicated. I can copy the metadata, one track at a time, and paste the metadata, one track at a time. I also have it configured to delete the old file and to place the new file into the same path the old one had previously occupied. Great! Again, my thanks to you!

Is there a way to do an entire album (folder) all in one operation?
Will it cause issues if, in some cases, the new, higher-bit rate album's list has a couple of tracks that the old one doesn't (because I didn't like & deleted one or two tracks in the past).

What about calling up a collection of 50 albums I recently added (the higher bit rates) and somehow having MMW find all 50 folders with low-bitrate duplicates and copying and pasting tags from all of them in one go? I know that is asking a lot but it would be SO WONDERFUL if it were possible.
Leander

Post by Leander »

I have innstalled the addon and checked the scan duplicates under scan , but all that shows in mediamonkey is "search for more of the same" i click on it but nothing happens...what i am doing wrong ? thanks for answer
scooterfrog1

advanced-duplicate-find-fix

Post by scooterfrog1 »

there is only one feature missing form MM5 that is keeping me from switching.
I use audials which sometimes downloads multiple versions of the same song.
this mm4 addon is perfect. I do not know JS and i am going to TRY to change it to vbs, but this is all new to me.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -find-fix/

it finds based upon album, song and artist and then creates delete and keep nodes based upon another set of rules.

is there someone here who can alter this form me?
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,

I just found out the possibility to configure hotkeys for pasting meta tags! That's amazing help for my line of work.

However I did not find a possibility to configure a hotkey to COPY the meta tag data in order to paste it then with the hotkey configured. If there is a hotkey to paste the configured actions I guess there is also a way to copy - hotkey? At least I very much hope so...

cheers,
Bernhard
kluv

Post by kluv »

Hello, hope you all are doing well out there.

Is this addon still being updated?
If so would it be possible to make the "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes" save your requirements as presets just like the "Custom Duplicate Search" does?

Also is this ever going to MM5?

Advanced Duplicate Find and Regexp Find and Replace are the only reasons I won't make the switch. I use them way to much.

Thank you,
JamesAlias

Post by JamesAlias »

What happened to this?! It's really important for creating ORDER! :)

Can we have a version for v5 please?
gollux

Post by gollux »

I just wanted to chime in to say that it would be amazing to have a version of this for MM5!

This tool was so useful for maintaining my library in MM4. I've been finding it hard to live without it in MM5.
TheseusWrex

Post by TheseusWrex »

Also hoping for a version for MM5...
beg

Post by beg »

This tool, or similiar functionality needs to be implemented in MM5.

I can't work without it, and I am perfectly fine to work without MM5, but staying with MM4 for that matter.
jetkins

Post by jetkins »

Adding my voice to the chorus calling for an updated version for MM5. I absolutely need this extension, so until a new version - or equivalent functionality - is available for MM5, I'm stuck with having to work on my library in MM4 then re-import/upgrade it into MM5 whenever I want to sync to my newer iPhone - and lose my play count updates from the phone in the process because I can't sync them back to MM4. :(

Someone? Anyone? Please?!
TheseusWrex

Post by TheseusWrex »

Rodo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 pm
Born wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm For me this addon is a nightmare
I must re install Media Monkey every time advanced duplicate find & fix operates and freezes MM
All i hope is to be able to remove it, but i even don't know how...
I am having the same issue as you. Would love to know how to fix it. Luckily I have not had to reinstall MM yet.

When I launch MM, in the bottom status bar of MM it says "Loading AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs". Everything else in MM freezes while this is loading. After waiting for a few minutes, it is still the same. I then force MM to shutdown via the Task Manager. Restarted it many times (more than 10 today) and same thing happened. Then managed to get it working somehow, not sure how but It appears to be ok at the moment.

I assume that this issue is being caused by this Addon but maybe it could be from another Addon, conflict with this Addon or something else in MM. I also have MiniLyrics installed and this opens automatically when MM starts. And also scan library continuously and at startup are turned on.
I'm having this exact same issue, and I found a sort of workaround for it... I've found that if you plug in a USB media device while it's frozen (I use my phone), close MediaMonkey from the task manager and immediately open it back up with the device still plugged in, it won't freeze and everything loads.
TheseusWrex

Post by TheseusWrex »

Another thing I've found that seems to work is to temporarily rename the script from AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs to AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.bak (or any extension that prevents it from being recognized as a script), open MediaMonkey and select any song and press Play. Close out MediaMonkey and rename the script back to its normal name, and it no longer seems to freeze.
nytemyst

Post by nytemyst »

Be nice if someone updated this for MM5 or how about build this natively into MM5 itself. It can't be that hard.