Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.3.1 (2009-02-04)

Post by Bex »

Hi nickdecker,

It should work fine now. MediaFire seems to have some problems sometimes.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
debacle

Post by debacle »

My only request for this script is that it constrain everything to the currently selected filter. For example, if the "Tracks with Same Content" node would only consider tracks in the selected filter for the "Library" node, that would simplify things. It's possible to do pretty much anything you want with the script as it is; it just takes a few extra manual steps sometimes that auto-filtering would solve.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

debacle wrote:My only request for this script is that it constrain everything to the currently selected filter. For example, if the "Tracks with Same Content" node would only consider tracks in the selected filter for the "Library" node, that would simplify things. It's possible to do pretty much anything you want with the script as it is; it just takes a few extra manual steps sometimes that auto-filtering would solve.
You can already set that in the script's options.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Actually not, I thought no one was interested in a filter in that node since it has an OK-list, but I'll add it in the next update of the script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Sorry, I was thinking of Tagging Inconsistencies.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
debacle

Post by debacle »

Thanks, that'll be great.

My library feeds into the living room stereo, so I keep my roommate's files in the same library. It's OK if we both have a copy of some songs, so when I'm looking for duplicates I only want to consider my own files (and maybe just a particular subset of those).
nickdecker

Post by nickdecker »

Hi Bex,

Still no luck downloading from MediaFire.com link

Can you send to vendors@nickdecker.com & just post here that you sent it?

Sorry for the manual labor! Thanks so much! -Nick
Bex

Post by Bex »

Fixed!

Wat happens when you try to download from mediafire?

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.4 (2009-03-15)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 3.4 (2009-02-04)
- Added Filter to "Folders with Same Content" (Select filter in the options)
- Added Filter to "Tracks with Same Content" (Select filter in the options)
- Added menu-shortcut to the options (Right click on ADFF's Main Node, MM 3.1 only)
- Fixed AV-Error when closing MM (Happened only in MM 3.0)
- Tuned some SQL-statements. "Find More From Same" is now very fast (MM 3.1 only)
+ some smaller fixes

Let me know if everything works as it should with the filters. I'm not sure if it was a good thing to add filters to the "Folders with Same Content"-node since it really can can give unwanted behavior if you use Filter there which is not based on folders, so be a bit careful.
"Find More From Same" is now really fast if you're using MM 3.1 since it's possible to use the new fast search feature implemented in MM 3.1. But it was only possible to speed up Equals, Starts With and Smart Contains. Let me know if you find any strange search results when using those.
All AV-errors which happened upon closing MM 3.0 should also be fixed. If not I recommend you to update to MM 3.1 which works much better in that area.

There has been three reports that Copy/Paste Metadata doesn't work as it should when an USB-attached Drive is storing the tracks. Many efforts has been done to find the problem but nothing has been found. So if you have such drive let me know if it works or not. If you're having problems with this please try the latest MM 3.1 version and post a debug-log of when it happens. Nothing can be done to fix the problem otherwise. Thanks!

As usual, bug-reports, suggestions and comments are most welcome!

Download here or from the first post:
AdvancedDuplicateFindFix 3.4
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
debacle

Post by debacle »

Thanks Bex!

Post by Guest »

Hi,

great script, must have been a lot of work.

I need some startup help, though. I want to look for duplicated of a special set of selected tracks. Therefore I use "find more from the same -> custom search -> manual search", of course. For one single track, I can get it to work: I select the track, open the context menu and select the manual search dialogue and check artist and title for, say, "Amy MacDonald - This is the life". The result: one node "#01 (1): 12. Amy MacDonald - This is the life [album #1 name]" with one track entry (the duplicate track from album #2).

When I do the same for more than one track, what do I have to select in the dialogue? When I check artist and title, again, the corresponding values seem to be "hard wired", i.e. fixed for the first selected track. For 2 selected tracks I will get two nodes, the first one being correct for the first song, the second containing the two "dupes" for the song #1 info - instead of song #2.

What's my mistake?

Mike
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

It looks like I've been introduced a bug here. I'll have a look and try to fix it.

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.4.1 (2009-03-24)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 3.4.1 (2008-02-24)
- Fixed FMFS, data from first seeding track was used for all seeding tracks
- Fixed FMFS, changed text wasn't considered

With these two bugs fixed "Find More From Same" should work just fine now! Let me know if it does. :)

Download here or from the first post:
AdvancedDuplicateFindFix 3.4.1
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Great job, Bex, you're quick :D

Seems to work just fine, I'll keep testing.

Mike
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Are this script's actions invokable by tracklist field shortcut arrows?
Chris