All new improved web interface for Mediamonkey

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jitun

Re: All new improved web interface for Mediamonkey

Post by jitun »

After three years I am rewriting the plugin but this time things will be better. The plug in will be customizable by the users. I am thinking of making the plugin in a way that it will have some standard functions (and i think users can add their own function afterward also.) those can be called from a browser and the functions will return a JSON string that can be easily processed by javascript Eg. if u call the function /function?fname=GetCurrentPlayList then the GetCurrentPlayList function will return the now playing list array in JSON. (Actually I just finished implementing this function) The rest of the pages, images, javascripts etc etc will remain separate. The plugin will just serve those or if someone is running a better server on his computer can use that instead of the server capability provided by the plug in. Today i just made a start. Will get into developing this after December 15th. I am a bit busy for the next 10days.

So for all the users of the previous version of the plugin its good news.
I am not dead. I am back :D
What is seen is not always true
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Would love an iPhone optimized skin in the next version
matthewhargrove

Post by matthewhargrove »

Can someone please help me with simple instructions about how to use this after it is installed?

I have successfully loaded WAWI and configured it on my desktop computer (where MM and my music collection is stored). I just can't figure out how to actually access it from a remote computer.

When I put in my desktop's IP address, I get into my LINKSYS router control page.

What do I need to do to access the Media Monkey controls from a different computer? All I really want to do is see what song is playing, and be able to skip from a laptop upstairs, nothing too complicated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
jitun

Post by jitun »

Of course you can access the webinterface from any computer connected to the internet. You are getting the LINKSYS page because your port is not forwarded.
look for how to forward a port in LINKSYS router
dmets

Post by dmets »

Thanks for continuing the development!

I would love to mention that there is nothing out there for remote control by a Blackberry. Which I find frustrating considering they are the best selling "smartphone" out there... Anyway - I would love a simple interface for the blackberry (storm/storm2) -- Just the ability to browse the library, control the what is in the queue and simple shuttle controls (pause play next previous). I don't need to see where I am in the current file - that is just overkill. I just need to control the music.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

dmets wrote:I would love to mention that there is nothing out there for remote control by a Blackberry. Which I find frustrating considering they are the best selling "smartphone" out there... Anyway - I would love a simple interface for the blackberry (storm/storm2) -- Just the ability to browse the library, control the what is in the queue and simple shuttle controls (pause play next previous). I don't need to see where I am in the current file - that is just overkill. I just need to control the music.
Dmets,

This is NOT a flame this is just my honest two cents...

The Blackberry is losing market share hand over fist in the home market to the iPhone and to any Google Android device. It is being used mostly in the business arena, and even then more and more companies are figuring out how to leverage the iPhone especially considering RIM's two major email outages in the last week, and the fact Verizon changed their search engine to be Microsoft Bing for Blackberry users. RIM lost of lot of face in the last 14 days with a lot of customers.

Outage: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10417374-94.html

Bing: http://www.electronista.com/articles/09 ... ms.search/
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/ ... ch-option/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
astrakid

Post by astrakid »

great to know that you are started developing again!!!
do you know when there will be a first preview available? if you need a tester - here i am! ;)

regards,
astrakid
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Any word on progress? I'm working on getting a new battery for my defunct iPaq 3835 with the intentions of using it for a web remote for my music collection. This sounds really awesome (assuming my PPC IE is up to the task)!
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

This would be pretty damn sweet if executed well! :)
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Is this still happening? You haven't been on in a few months...
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
jitun

Post by jitun »

Well no significant development till now. I made a lot of plan but then i realized that there is only 24 hours in a day. And now a days I am going through a major career change that's taking away all my time. Hope I will finish it.
Boni2k

Post by Boni2k »

jitun wrote:Well no significant development till now. I made a lot of plan but then i realized that there is only 24 hours in a day. And now a days I am going through a major career change that's taking away all my time. Hope I will finish it.
Would be great. I'd parse your JSON on an Android device, thus creating a remote control app.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I also have plans for my android phone with this. But I want to set up a shoutcast station from MM and then listen to and control it from android, so I can have all my music and playlists and everything everywhere I go.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
thorsonb

Post by thorsonb »

Blehh.. OK im lost..... I downloaded like 17 files from this post alone!.. Now i cant figure out which one I need / should install :S

I just wanna control my Monkey :P from other computers on my network....

s
"One Good Thing About Music When It Hits You Feel No Pain" - Bob Marley

Follow me on Twitter @ThorsonB
jitun

Post by jitun »

thorsonb wrote:Blehh.. OK im lost..... I downloaded like 17 files from this post alone!.. Now i cant figure out which one I need / should install :S

I just wanna control my Monkey :P from other computers on my network....

s
Why did you downloaded 17 files. Download this

http://rapidshare.com/files/15072494/Plugins.zip

and extract them to the "Plugins" folder.