Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Monkey Rok 4.0 [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 »

Unchange wrote:Yep. Still gives me the warning. Bloody annoying. Had my MM perfect before and now have to reinstall everything again. With problems as always.
Did you close and restart MM since making the change? What about restarting the computer as a whole?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

I had Monkey Rok working properly for a while. Today it began giving a Runtime error, at line 183, "unexpected call to method or property access". I had been experimenting with different options and panels, but I cannot tell which one I have switched on to ahave casued the error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I believe the only external panel I have seleted is top tracks, which previously worked and currently does not. I don't know if these are related. Thanks in advance for any advice.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you have all the external panels switched off do you still get the error message?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Trixmoto, Thanks for the quick reply. I do not get the error with all external panels off. When Top tracks is on, the error appears for each song played; and the Top tracks panel never populates. Previously, it did so. Now all that appears in that panel is a "bouncing" diamond, but no listing of top tracks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Something might have changed with the web services that I am using to get the data. I will make sure I get this sorted in the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I've just noticed that when using composer as the seed field, no albums by or albums featuring are displayed. The panels themselves are missing as MR does when it can't find any associated hits. I know I definitely have more than one album for a number of composers, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Also, other panels (such as biography, favourites and Most Played) continue to use the Artist field for seeding, regardless if seed field is set to Composer or Album Artist.

I'm sorry to bring it up again if you're already aware of this.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Trixmoto. For what it is worth, MonkeyRok continues to work as it did on my home installation and continues not to work on my work installation. I have not tried unistalling and reinstalling the script, but will do so tomorrow if time permits. Perhaps that will clear it up. If not, I will continue to use it without the Top Tracks panel as I like it very much even if I can't get Top tracks to work.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Trixmoto, sorry for the prior guest posting, forgot to log on. . . I have uninstalled and reinstalled MonkeyRok on the work install. Top tracks still does not work, same error. I changed Monkey Rok skins from wide brushed to animated wide, so now the icon is the spinning sun, insted of the bouncing diamond. The other external panels all work, Other Albums, Biography, Similar Artists and Artist Events all populate if selected, so my Monkey Rok is seeing last.fm for these panels, but somehow no longer sees last.fm for top tracks. Finally, I tried top tracks in each of the 3 external panels, to no avail. I'm stumped, given that it used to work on this install and still works on another install.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I installed Monkey Rok for the first time today. After playing with my new toy and clicking all of the options available, I noticed that once I selected external panels, then changed or deselected (a) external panel(s), I no longer get anything displayed in MonkeyRok except for the very first bit of info for the album/artist. See picture mr1. When I try to reenable external panels I get all of the headers but they display nothing. See picture mr2. There is also no entry in Extentions to uninstall Monkey Rok. I looked in the Monkey Rok folder and didn't see anything that resembled an uninstall so I just deleted the Monkey Rok folder which did not work very well. I was left with the docked blank window with the generic IE cannot display webpage message. I did a reinstall over that and it opened okay and everything worked in the basic skin which was the default. As soon as I changed to the mr-ultimate skin, it all started again. Nothing, nada, zip.

http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mr2j.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mr1.jpg
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I am using Monkey Rok for the first time. Love it. Trixmoto does it again. I'm a fan. What are the consequences of changing the ActiveX setting? I was getting the error and did the reg tweak and it solved the problem. What have I opened myself up to by doing this? I have pretty good security software but nothing is perfect. Is there a plan to have the script somehow updated to eliminate the error vs sacrificing security?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There are a few stability issues with the script at the moment which I hope to get ironed out in the next version. Some of these are simply due to changes in MM if you are using the latest betas, as this script has not yet been updated to match. I'm glad you like it though.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to avoid the error, that's IE for you! All you've done is allow scripts to run in .htm files that are stored locally on your machine. So in terms of security you've certainly not opened yourself up to any attacks from the web.

Post by Guest »

I love this script but after installing the latest beta version, Monkey Rok says that the website has no server available (white screen). Any ideas?
jonp

Post by jonp »

Seems another case of MediaMonkey application changes breaking scripts :( . I think it is great that the MediaMonkey team are always enhancing the application but each time they do they seem to break a lot of scripts. It is scripts like this one that attract and retain many of us who use MediaMonkey. I think there needs to be more consideration of this from the MediaMonkey team. I would rather see trixmoto and other 'scripters' spend their valuable time enhancing their scripts and creating new ones rather than having it waisted changing their scripts to work with newer versions of MediaMonkey on a regular basis.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could you post a screenshot? It sounds like this could be your IE settings - have you upgraded your IE recently?

Post by Guest »

Nope, haven't upgraded. It was working fine before but I had to uninstall and reinstall MM due to a file corruption and since than I have not been able to use Monkey Rok. I just get the unavailable server page.