Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 4.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

Eyal wrote:Biography did not work for me in MR until I change the language to English (top right on http://www.last.fm web page).
I'd just like to confirm this will not be an issue in the next version, you can set your language to your own and the biography should still work (now that I'm using the new webservices instead of scraping the wiki page).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Deadman36g wrote:I would like to see the abilty to filter it search/not search for certain names in the album art file. An example is, I would like for MediaMonkey to add my files that are listed as Front.jpg, Back.jpg, Disc.jpg, but I do not want it to add the files folder.jpg, so I would like to filter folder.jpg out.
Is it specifically the filename that you want to be filtered by, or would it be better to filter by the image type?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

borateen wrote:I found a way to limit the number of Similar Artists returned by Audioscrobbler in MonkeyRok.
This will also work with the new 2.0 webservices, but again only for similar artists. I am not using it however as the list is already limited by the "results limit" field in the MonkRok settings, and this take into account that some artists are not included. By limiting to 3 by adding the "limit" parameter to the query you may actually only get 1 or 2 appear in the list.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Eyal wrote:MR 4.0, MM 3.03.1183: Something is going wrong when I set the options to display also track numbers in album details.
I want MR to show Track#, Title, Playcount, Rating and Length.
But it keeps adding the ArtistName to the list of displayed fields each time I change track or restart MM.
I is ticked in the options and the only way to not have the Artistname is to untick Show Track# also.
Any thought?
Can you confirm something for me? In the external panels the artist name is automatically displayed - unticking the "track" option should not affect this. Does this sound like the behaviour you might be experiencing?
Freaky Maravilla

Post by Freaky Maravilla »

Would be great if Monkeyrok would have tabs like aTunes panel (aTunes ,no iTunes)and the youtube option,is possible this for the next version?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the script actually just populates DIVs so a skin could be created with a tabbed view, yes. That's not necessarily part of the script though, anyone with HTML+CSS knowledge would be able to create a skin.

I've added YouTube to my list, it might appear as a new external panel option, I'll see what happens.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

trixmoto wrote:
Eyal wrote:MR 4.0, MM 3.03.1183: Something is going wrong when I set the options to display also track numbers in album details.
I want MR to show Track#, Title, Playcount, Rating and Length.
But it keeps adding the ArtistName to the list of displayed fields each time I change track or restart MM.
I is ticked in the options and the only way to not have the Artistname is to untick Show Track# also.
Any thought?
Can you confirm something for me? In the external panels the artist name is automatically displayed - unticking the "track" option should not affect this. Does this sound like the behaviour you might be experiencing?
Thank you Trixmoto, I forget to tell you it's working now. I don't know why it didn't before.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:I added some debug output to the function calculating the average (lines 1919 onwards in Functions.vbs). The album contains 12 tracks, only track #4 was played yet - once - and that track's got a 3 star rating.
I guess the first calculation of the above three belongs to the album I'm interested here. Since 0<4<6 a bomb will be displayed. I expect a 3 star rating with "ignore unknown" turned on.. :-?
I've tested this with an 11 track album, only one track rated as 3 stars, and it calculated 3 stars correctly. I have however realised this is a stupidly complex way of calculating it so I'll be rewriting this in the next version - fingers crossed that will behave better for you! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I can't figure this one out... If a song is by "Artist A; Artist B" and "Artist A" is in the excluded list, should the track be excluded completely, or should the track be included but treat the artist as "Artist B"? If anyone's got an opinion, that would be great!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, I can't figure this one out... If a song is by "Artist A; Artist B" and "Artist A" is in the excluded list, should the track be excluded completely, or should the track be included but treat the artist as "Artist B"? If anyone's got an opinion, that would be great!
I think it should be excluded, for the sake of simplicity.
But it could be useful for certain users, so maybe make it a user selected choice in the options.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Brock

Post by Brock »

can the last.fm beta and monkeyrok work together? The beta is submitting my songs to last.fm but monkeyrok won't populate any of the queried fields like similar artists, etc. What else could I be missing, they are enabled in monkeyrok settings.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, I can't figure this one out... If a song is by "Artist A; Artist B" and "Artist A" is in the excluded list, should the track be excluded completely, or should the track be included but treat the artist as "Artist B"? If anyone's got an opinion, that would be great!
Do you mean as the seed artist or within the list of results?

If in the results listing, I would think that the track would be included with searches for Artist B. With the first artist excluded I would assume that Artist B would then become the track's default first artist.

Are you including ONLY first artist results in the new version? I guess this easily solves the multi artist problem, and at least would make Monkey Rok useful to me once more :) It would be great to eventually allow all of the artist's songs to be listed - regardless of which multi-artist field the artist's name falls in. (eg. even if they're only a featured artist - although maybe as an option?)

If it's the seed track with this dilemma, I would probably by default not use Artist B though... Using only the first artist as the seed field solves many issues, but I'd also look forward to being able to select which of the multi artists to use as seed. Maybe a list in MR of all artists for track playing, defaulting to first artist but allowing user to click on alternatives? Sounds like a lot of work, so I'm more than happy with just using first artist as seed for now. At the moment I simply can't use MR due to it not removing excluded artists from the results.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What I've decided is that any excluded artists will be removed from the seed artist list, and then the first will be selected. This makes the queries nice and simple and has actually improved performance on almost all of the panels. Try to combine the results from multiple calls to Last.Fm for each artist gets incredibly complicated with all the options that I've put in to limit the results, etc. And for me personally, the first artist is always the one I'm most interested in. I hope people find this suitable.

@Brock - the other script you mention is sending data to Last.Fm and this one is retrieving data from Last.Fm. What do you mean by "work together" exactly?
Brock

Post by Brock »

trixmoto wrote:What do you mean by "work together" exactly?
I thought there might be a limit on the query to last.fm, regardless of read/write, from the same IP. I must have goofed up something more fundamental.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

TM:

For the next update of MR, would you think about the possibility of the user being able to select a filter to use for the statistics portion of the script?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files