Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Vyper

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Vyper »

trixmoto wrote:In that case you can try these two to see which works best for you...

Code: Select all

#info_content table { 
  display : none ; 
}

#info_left, #info_right { 
  display : none ; 
}
Either one works like a charm. Thanks! :D
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@debu - yes an IE OCX is used. Unfortunately no other browsers provide a way of using them like IE does.

@danhackley - it doesn't work on filename, it uses the "image type" dropdown for the image. Currently the thumbnail size is hardcoded in the "Functions.vbs" file, near the top...

Dim imgW : imgW = 100
Dim imgH : imgH = 100
...primarily because a full re-cache would be needed or maybe a change in the way the size is displayed.

@BenRad - MM (1269) works with this script for me, but I'm on Vista and do not have access to Win7 for testing unfortunately.

@Vyper - they will behave slightly different depending on the other styles within the skin, but I'm glad these have both given you the desired affect.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

debu wrote:Monkey Rock requires IE?

If I'm right it does... Is there any way to get it to work through firefox or is MM3/ Monkey rock hard coded to work with IE? Reason being is I'm on win7 and don't have IE on my machine anymore and very much prefer to leave it off.

I'd search through the thread details but I'm at work. thanks!
I thought that the option to remove IE from Win7 just removed the IE shortcuts from desktop and start menu, but the underlying components were left? Isn't that the case?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

From what I'm reading the Trident rendering engine and back-end components are still there, as plenty of third-party stuff leverages it. Heck, some of MS's own control panels leverage it. It also removes the iexplore executable, as well as bits and pieces that would ordinarily make Windows complain about Internet Explorer being missing.

So it's modular, but not quite as modular as it appears.

@debu: Have you tried running MonkeyRok with IE "removed"?
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Here's an interesting one.

I have one artist that starts with Th' instead of The. That seems to throw the "Albums By", "Albums Featuring","Most Played Tracks By" sections for a loop. Sometimes they show a different artist name, sometimes they just say "Artist", and I get the animated progress gif but the fields never populate.

It's a strange one, and hardly critical (really how many artists start with Th'?), but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

Let me add to the THANK YOU's for this script and all your others as well. I am making my way through several of them. All is working well with Monkey Rok on Windows 7, but I do have one question. In the Biography panel, the bios seem to get cut off without an option for further information. Like this:

Is this normal behavior, or is there a way to increase the text allowance in this panel? I have increased the character count in the options dialogue to 20,000. But I got the impression from the tool tip that this applies to the comments panel.

Thanks again for an amazing resource.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@fizzjob - I assume you mean the artist starts with "Th " and not just "Th"? I'll certainly look into this for the next version, if you give me the full artist name! :D

@Desertway - Thank you, I'm glad you like the script. The "biography" is now the full summary text for Last.Fm, regardless of the character limit. In the next version I will add a link to the full biography if there is one.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

I like the window with the rotating covers. Is it possible to remove the buttons and statistics from the right of this window? Also, is it possible to remove the blue header at the top? i.e. to display the covers only. Thanks!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

trixmoto wrote:@fizzjob - I assume you mean the artist starts with "Th " and not just "Th"? I'll certainly look into this for the next version, if you give me the full artist name! :D
Actually, it's Th and then an apostrophe: Th' Faith Healers.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

trixmoto wrote: @Desertway - Thank you, I'm glad you like the script. The "biography" is now the full summary text for Last.Fm, regardless of the character limit. In the next version I will add a link to the full biography if there is one.
Hmm. I looked up Count Basie on Last.fm - which I should have done before - and the summary text there actually ends with "among his influences".

http://www.last.fm/music/Count%2520Basi ... nt%20basie

After that is the "read more" link. In my panel, the last line is "as a bandleader..." which is the start of the next section which appears when you click the "read more" link. But then, I have no understanding of how this information is retrieved, so that probably makes sense.

Thanks again.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

One more question: Is there any way to add the original date (or any date) to the top Now Playing panel?

Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@danhackley - that would certainly be possible by modifying the skin.html and skin.css files for the skin you are using.

@fizzjob - thanks, I've added this to my list.

@Desertway - I use the webservices which provide both the full biography and a summary version, the later of which I am using currently. You can use the "Extra Info" option to add extra information to the top section.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

Sorry for being clueless, the "extra info" field did not even register.

Thanks!
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Trixmoto

First of all, a big, big thank you for this superb script. It has made my mind up to use MediaMonkey as my music manager over all else. It is just superb. But (there's always a but isn't there.... :D ) it's not that easy or intuitive to use outside the stated functions. Like Desertway, I would also like to access the full artist biography and I know you gave him advice on using the Extra Info option to add to the information in the top section and I have looked at this but sadly, I have no clue how to use it. Can I ask for help in this matter please.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Goodog
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you. :) As I've said, I'll add a link to the full biography in the next version. I might even add an option to use the full summary in the panel, maybe including the character limit, I'll see.

If you hover over the "Extra Info" field then you will see a list of available fields...
<Genre><Year><Length><Bitrate><BPM><Composer><Custom1><Custom2><Custom3><Custom4><Custom5><Tempo><Mood><Occasion><Quality>
<Publisher><OrigArtist><OrigLyricist><OrigTitle><OrigYear><Track#><DiscStr><TrackStr><Folder><Filename><Extension>

The field is html text with masked data, so if you wanted to see...

Year: 2009
Genre: Rock
BPM: 102
...then your ExtraInfo value would be something like...

Year: <Year><br />Genre: <Genre><br />BPM: <BPM>