Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

durden999uk

Post by durden999uk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:19 pm

Another great update trix, thanks a lot. I do have one problem though - I open and close MonkeyRok as and when I need to, but the Rok doesn't update the now playing track whilst it is shut. So I can be playing one song, and MonkeyRok still shows the last track that was playing when it was last open (if I've had it shut between the two tracks). Is this a normal function, or specific to me? And is there any way to get round it?

Best,
Ben

kazadharri

Post by kazadharri » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:26 am

Thanks for all the work. This is a really nice script.

A couple requests for options. I like the Brushed screen, but I also like it wide. I have a "wide screen" monitor. Can we get that as an option. It seems like the only wide one missed.

Also is there a way to rate the track playing on the panels. I thought that was an option but I have not found it yet.

And, what would really be cool would be able to undock it, and leave it on top of everything. Then I could minimize the rest of MM and this would be it. OK, so that last might be asking a little too much, esp. with the new version of MM coming out soon. But can I ask.

Again gereat job.

/Jeff

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 pm

@matisse - I will add your first suggestion. The second however was a requested feature - maybe I'll make it optional.

@DaledeSilva - they're the same width for me - have you change the style sheet at all?

@holterpolter - I can't replicate this, but I'll try to fix it!

@Nebbin - I'll make the option to use AlbumArtist also allow for Composer.

@TJOHO - I don't think your first suggestion is very universal. I'm investigating including Last.Fm stuff. I'll look into adding play options to a context menu for tracks. I'll have a go at the wide skin as well, but with my small screen I've never used them!

@RedX - the reason that artist information was not added was because it would REALLY slow down the SQL statement as it would mean having another JOIN to include the Artists table. If I can make this optional without slowing down the SQL for people who do not want it, then I'll add it to the next version.

@teemac - if you rename an album image from "folder.jpg" to "Folder.jpg" - does that make it show? Folder images should be shown without any problem, unless case is an issue?

@durden999uk - the panel shouldn't update whilst it is closed, because that would be a waste of processor power. However, it should update when the reopen the panel, so I'll make sure this is working in the next version.

@kazadharri - rating the currently playing track is not currently an option, but I will see about adding it, probably a context menu. You can undock the panel by dragging it using the title bar. You can then dock it to any place you like, or leave it undocked.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! :D
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

teemac

Post by teemac » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:20 pm

@Trixmoto.

Think I found the problem, but don't know how to fix it.

The albums that have ' in their name are the culprits. egs:

It's Over
How's The World Treating you
Retro 70's - Volume 1
#1's
Burnin'
L'Italiano
She's So Unusual

Folder.jpg from any of these folders will not display as a blown up version when clicked on, but will display in ordinary MonkeyRok panel as album art.

Have checked all other variations - resolutions, jpg ver, compression ratios - but cannot find any other similarities other than the above.

I searched for & clicked through 25 albums that had ' in their folder name and none would display the enlarged version of the album art.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 am

Ok teemac - good debugging! I'll get this fixed for the next version. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 am

I had to adjust some setting earlier in IE and now, for some reason, this does not show anything when I open it up. I went and did the regedit as was shown in a previous post, but it already had a value of "0". Any other suggestions on getting this to work? Does this have an active X control or something like that? Any help would be much appreciated.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:23 am

Yes, this script uses ActiveX to connect with MediaMonkey so it can access the your library, the player and the ini file.

cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:38 am

So where again would I check for the Active X controls to ensure everything si checked properly? Thanks much.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:19 am

Well it should be in the My Computer zone which you can set to enabled using the registry change in the sticky at the top of this section. If that's not working then try going into your Internet Options and ticking the "Initialise activex...." setting in some of the other zones (I wouldn't recommend the Internet zone but you could try it whilst you're not browsing and then switch it on again) to see if that helps.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 am

I've been through every page of this and I didn't see this question addressed so forgive me if I missed it.

If I have MonkeyRok open, and I change the properties of a song (e.g. I change the name of the album to one displaying in MonkeyRok), how do I make MonkeyRok update that information without having to close MediaMonkey?

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am

Vyper wrote:I've been through every page of this and I didn't see this question addressed so forgive me if I missed it.

If I have MonkeyRok open, and I change the properties of a song (e.g. I change the name of the album to one displaying in MonkeyRok), how do I make MonkeyRok update that information without having to close MediaMonkey?
Hi Vyper,

if you select another song (from a different artist or album) and then go back to the song with the changed properties, you should see the updated information.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Edit: Thanks! That's what I needed. :D

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Vyper wrote: I changed the album of the song 'Too Much' (from my Library track list) to the one in the image above. Making the song play adds it to the album in MonkeyRok but as you can see it still says 19 songs but lists 20.
Yes, but if play a song from a different album or artist and then you play "Too much" again, it should say and list 20 songs. At least, that's how ir works for here for me.

EDIT: My response was little too slow. :D

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:54 pm

holterpolter wrote:If i change to "selected" this error occured

edit: someone was a litte faster
I get the same error but only when clicking on the heading to change from 'now playing' to 'selected'. If I switch it via Tools -> Options, I don't get the error.

Don't know if that helps narrow down the problem or not.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:55 am

Thanks for that, that should help as I don't get the message at all so I can't narrow it down at all! :)