Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Nebbin

Post by Nebbin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Does anyone have any other requests?
Since you ask :) :

1. Is there a way of adding IF statements? I'd like to have composer come up, but only when genre = Classical.

2. The only other fields I really use are original title, artist and year. BPM may be useful in the future, but for now I don't use it. As time goes on though, my other (rarer) fields will probably become pseudo custom fields. (I already use Publisher as a secondary Album Artist so that Traktor can read it.)

3. Option to remove the Play Controls.

4. Is it possible to remove the right hand scroll bar when it's not in use (ie. greyed out). I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask.

5. One last point - text lines which are below below the album art wrap (stay on right hand side) if they reach the column roughly aligned with the artwork's width. Can this be changed so that it only wraps if it will physically collide with the art? Or is that too complex? (As it is, some of my composer names need 2 or 3 wrapped lines) Yes, I know I can widen the MonkeyRok panel, but my current setup has the "player" docked above it, so it's not adjustable. I have to admit though, it probably looks neater as it is (wrapping at the mid-point).

PS: Are you planning for this script to migrate to MM3? Are the multiple genre and artist tags problematic?

Rumbelstilzchen

Post by Rumbelstilzchen » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:41 pm

would it possible to show "tempo" of the actually played file

SHR

Post by SHR » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello Trixmoto,

MonkeyRok really rocks! (as your scripts always do :wink: )

But the first time I've used it, my MM sometimes hung up like mentioned by RedX for the first release. :( After some time of investigation I possibly found the reason for that.
I think it depends on the locale. In my case number format is 123.123,00 for german locale and your SQL-Statement with "Avg(Songs.Rating)" returns a rating like 69.8333333333333.
It's strange that in this line:

Code: Select all

rating = ((rating*tot)+non)/(tot-non)
e.g. rating=69.8333333333333 with tot=6 and non=1 leads to 8399999999999996 instead of 83.99999999999996 :(
So I added

rating = replace(rating,".",",")
before this.
Then I followed the previous solution:

If InStr(rating,".") Then
    rating = Left(rating,InStr(rating,".")-1)
  End if 
  ' added to capture ","  
  If InStr(rating,",") Then
    rating = Left(rating,InStr(rating,",")-1)
and all worked fine. :D
BTW: The "strange" ratings (above 5 stars!) are also gone.
I hope, that these informations are useful.

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:29 am

Thanks a lot, SHR!

I had the same kind of crashes and can now use MonkeyRok again.

Rumbelstilzchen

Little Error in Skins

Post by Rumbelstilzchen » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:42 am

By default the SkinFunctions.vbs is only included in the directories
animated and basic,
but missing in all other skins

mellotron

Artist information from wikipedia

Post by mellotron » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:35 am

Hello and thanks for this absolutely brilliant script! :)

One suggestion...

Would it be possible to get the current artist information from wikipedia (using the Special:Export utility, which converts the article to XML, for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Radiohead), and show it on the text panel, like in amarok?

Oh, and Sorry for my probably bad english :oops:

SHR

Re: Little Error in Skins

Post by SHR » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:30 pm

Rumbelstilzchen wrote:By default the SkinFunctions.vbs is only included in the directories
animated and basic,
but missing in all other skins
The path to SkinFunctions.vbs is coded into the following tag in each skin.html:
script language="VBScript" type="text/VBScript" src="SkinFunctions.vbs"

All "basic" skins are based on ..\basic\SkinFunctions.vbs the others are based on ..\animated\SkinFunctions.vbs. So changing SkinFunctions.vbs in e.g. ..\basic\ affects all "basic" skins.

Rumbelstilzchen

Re: Little Error in Skins

Post by Rumbelstilzchen » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:35 pm

SHR wrote: All "basic" skins are based on ..\basic\SkinFunctions.vbs the others are based on ..\animated\SkinFunctions.vbs. So changing SkinFunctions.vbs in e.g. ..\basic\ affects all "basic" skins.
It doesn't seem so for me, only after I've copied the file into every Skin I was able to view all cover-arts (some worked well some didn't show). And the DB-error disappeared (this happend with all cover-arts), when clicking on the cover (in order to have the cover-popup).

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:52 pm

I just discovered MonkeyRok and I can tell you...

Gi trixmoto! Now beceause of this, MediaMonkey Rocks!

And because of you, I can't live without MonkeyRok anymore. :wink:

Now I don't know why I have a strong sudden urge to translate this script to French for my personal pleasure, and maybe post it to the Forum. What do you think of that.

Thank you
Eyal

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:06 am

@Nebbin -
1) Nice idea, but I've no idea how I would do that. I'll have a tinker and see what I can come up with (my own Pre-HTML language?)
2) I'll add these fields as well.
3) You can do this by removing the "play_controls" DIV from the skin.html you are using.
4) Tried, failed. I can't get the overflow to work correctly, but it is still on my list.
5) This is necessary to get the text aligned to the right and the image aligned to the left - it's done in two separate DIVs. You can amend the skin yourself if you like though to change this.
6) This script will be made MM3 compatible once the database structure has become stable.

@Rumbelstilzchen - simply put "<Tempo>" in the Extra Info field on the settings page. The SkinFunctions.vbs should only be in the main folder for each skin type. Other skins should reference this file, as long as the folder locations are kept the same as the installer unpacks them.

@mellotron(guest) - I'll take a look at this and see if I can incorporate it.

@Eyal - feel free to translate this into french. I'm sure others would like this too.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and kind words. I would like to share this praise with oldskool73 who originally created this script. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 am

trixmoto wrote:3) You can do this by removing the "play_controls" DIV from the skin.html you are using.
Cool beans. Was gonna ask how to do this. :D

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:14 am

@SHR - sorry for not including you in the previous response, I meant to! Thanks for looking at this, I'll include your code in the next version and see if this fixes the problem for other people to.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

G.I.

Post by G.I. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:53 am

A question ... of a lot of artists I think I have their albums, but sometimes I miss one not knowing it. Since I saw that you made a connection with last.fm somehow, is it possible to somewhere list the albums I don't have of an artist while playing a cd? Of course you need to watch out for Various Artists for example. But that would be very nice for me for some artists to find out if there's something I don't have ...

I am not sure if this is technically possible, not even thinking about performance, just an idea ...

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:52 am

Nice idea - I'll have a play and see what I can do! :)

G.I.

Post by G.I. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:16 am

I'm looking forward to the result, whatever that may be :)