Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:20 am

I'm not sure if it's the same problem that m_bojangles reported:

For some albums in the "albums featuring" section I receive an average rating that is way to high.
When the same album is displayed as the current album however, the average rating is correct.
So it's probably not the locale causing it.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:05 am

@TJOHO - well I'm gonna try RedX's solution and see if this fixes the problem.

@G.I. - if you can come up with a better phrase, I'll change it! I didn't want to have lots of separate Last.Fm panels as you're not allowed to query Last.Fm more than once a second so they'd have to be some sort of complex queuing system to stop this. I'll make the error message more descriptive for the different errors in the next release. Fuzzy matching the album name is a possibility but I'm very worried about performance in this situation. I'll look at including the artwork as well.

@mattisse - it should be running through the same code so I'm not sure how this is possible, but I'll investigate.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Excellent update - I see you have fixed the lyrics panel problem.

Is there a way to change the order of the various panels?

G.I.

Post by G.I. » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Hey Trixmoto,

To rephrase the menu: Maybe just call it "Other albums by ... " ... since they're not listed in the albums by section. It's difficult to rephrase it, since it has to be a short description ... but I just find recommended a little bit off, because these are not recommended from last.fm either, they're just albums from the artist.

A better description will be very nice. Although another option is to not show the panel at all if nothing has been found or all albums are already in albums by. This is how it also works with albums by and featuring. If no information is shown there, the whole panel is hidden ... so this would make it more consistent.

About another panel ... just forget it ... it's good as it is, because I just found out how easy it is with a right mouse click to change it back to similar artists ... this is really amazing! :lol:

One other thing: When I am running similar artists, I get for example this result for a band named Tacere:

Anaktorian
% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
Stillburned
% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
Tarot
112% match - 116 songs - 9 albums
Naildown
112% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
Re-Pulse
112% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
Evilion
102% match - 9 songs - 1 albums
Katala
102% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
myGrain
102% match - 0 songs - 0 albums
Kivimetsän Druidi
95% match - 7 songs - 2 albums

I know this is a result back from the webservice, but it's just wrong to match something more than 100% ... do you have any idea why this is and might it be an idea to change the value to 100% in that case then?

About the fuzzy matching ... just put in on low priority ... I can live with it ... it's already amazing how it works today and I also see that the content from them is not always correct. Some type errors slipped in their database also ... :roll:

Anyway, I am going to look at your genre finder script too now ... I know it's not always perfect what comes back from last.fm, but I hate that almost all my music has genre Metal or Heavy Metal instead of a little bit better description ...

kazadharri

Post by kazadharri » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks again for an excellent upgrade. I have one slight bug. I am using Brushed monkey wide, animated and the similar artists panel is running into the main panel. no separation. It also does not seem to roll up, and uses the same space as the player and song track panel. Also when you do the right click and change it from similar artists to none it totally disappears and you can't bring it back with out going to tool/options...

Not too much of an issue but a small pain.

Thanks again.

/Jeff

scratchie77

Post by scratchie77 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:40 am

Great script trix

I had version 1.1 working fine and then for some reason i started getting this error

"A runtime error has occurred do you wish to debug"
Line: 56
Error: Object required: 'document.all(...)'

This error occurs when selecting any song (i have the mode set to Selected), it also stops the song from playing.

If i choose not to debug and then double click the same song it will play and the info will be displayed correctly

Also if i change the mode from Selected to Now Playing the problem goes away!

I have updated to 1.3 but still get the same problem, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:41 am

@MeMeMe - changes like this are skin changes, so find the skin folder you are using and amend "skin.html" within that folder.

@G.I. - I used recommended because they are ordered by their popularity. I have changed this as you suggest though. I thought the match value was a percentage but obvously it isn't. I don't think it's useful anyway so I'll remove it in the next version.

@kazadharri - I'll try to fix these skin issues, if I can replicate them. If you select the panel option as None then of course it disappears and you have to go back into the menu to show it again, how are you expecting this to work?

@scratchie77 - I have no idea why this is happened but I'll try to get it fixed for the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Nebbin

Post by Nebbin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 am

Hey Trix, did you ever manage to find a fix for the "50+ stars bug" on albums featuring [seed artist]?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:59 am

That should be fixed, is it not for you?

kazadharri

Post by kazadharri » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:15 am

I don't know. That's why its not too great big of a deal. But maybe you can leave the extenal panel titile bar so you could grab its focus??
Or a button on the Player that would let you select what panels to have loaded?

thanks any way for the script. It really is the best add-on...

Nebbin

Post by Nebbin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:29 am

trixmoto wrote:That should be fixed, is it not for you?
Oh? I hadn't realised you'd tried to fix it already. No, it's still an issue. I'm using both MM v2.5.5.998 and MonkeyRok v1.3.

Checking it again, it seems to work only when every track on the album is rated. If the album is partially rated, and one of those rated tracks is by the seed artist, then the number of stars can go nuts - indirectly proportional to the % of other tracks rated to those not rated.

holterpolter

Post by holterpolter » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:41 pm

A suggestion from me for a future update is to use "Top Tracks by Artist"-xml from LastFM and show them in the external panel.
So you can see how popular the song is you are listening to.

crcm

Post by crcm » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 am

Lovely Script but...

I updated 1.2 -> 1.3

it gave me an error:

A Runtime error has occurred. Do Wish to debug?
Line: 645
Error: Type Mismatch: "Rating"

1.2 worked fine

keep up good work Trix! :)
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:36 am

New version (1.4) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed Publisher field in extra information mask
- Fixed Recommended panel renamed and results reformatted
- Fixed Similar artists results reformatted
- Fixed ratings not working in some locales (thanks to RedX)
- Fixed viewing albums and artists not working in other languages
- Fixed external panel not positioned correctly in wide skins
- Added procedure "LogMe" to allow other scripters to add debug messages

@Scripters - to add text to the debug log simply use the following line of code...

Code: Select all

Call LogMe("my message")
This call can be added to Functions.vbs, Functions.js and SkinFunctions.vbs. In the "OnPlayChange" function it's quicker to use...

Code: Select all

If debug Then logf.WriteLine("my message")
Happy debugging! :)

paulmt

Post by paulmt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 am

1.4 installs and runs without any issues for me which is what I have come to expect from your scripts - Thanks.

One thing though, using the external panel to view "other albums by..."
clicking on this calls Internet Explorer to go to Last.fm instead of my default browser which is an IE engine based browser.

Is it possible to have the script only call the default browser and not be specific to IE?